Do you get electricity subsidy?

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by whnuien • May 4, 2014.

1. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    We never had to pay our electricity bill for about a year now at my mother's home. That is because we don't have to pay anything if our bill is less than $20 but if it gets to like $20.01 then we do have to pay;) That is one thing I really like about our government and I think this type of subsidy can help many of our citizens who have a low monthly income.

Do you get such subsidy from your government?

2. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! What country are you living in? I want to live there, too!
    In Brunei, I think the residents, including the non-citizens, there also have a similar subsidy for electricity. My friend who lives there can bake everyday or use the aircon the whole day because of this subsidy.
    We don't enjoy those benefits in my country, unfortunately.
    Some jobs such as building superintendents, are offered free utilities as part of their benefits, but we don't have that in our country, too.

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Oh I didn't know that Brunei has such subsidy too! I live very close to Brunei, I'm in Malaysia but Sabah is where exactly I am. I'm sure you have heard of this place?

Yes, getting the electricity subsidy is really helpful to many people from my village and many other from all over the country. When I used to work in the peninsular and was renting a house with a friend, we also never had to pay our electric bills that time because we were always at work and we barely used much thing with the electricity at home.

Our bills were always low and it never reached $20.