Do you get your money's worth with buffets?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by andrew320 • Jun 13, 2012.

1. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Well I've been to a few establishments with all-you-can-eat offers but most of these places are rather expensive, so all my buffet meals are always planned in advance so I can either skip say lunch for a buffet dinner or just go on light snacks to keep my tummy ready for the feast! I would say that I do get my money's worth since my appetite is rather huge, where I pay about 12 bucks for a buffet at a local sushi bar, but the amount of sashimi I have would definitely make up for all that 12 bucks! But like what the others have mentioned, a buffet trip often makes me feeling all guilty after that so I don't exactly do it often. I suppose it's not too good for our health too!

2. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I do. I really don't have a big appetite, but I will save my appetite all day for the buffet. I think it's good, because I can eat all kinds of food and desserts for about $8.00.

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    When ever I go there I always get my money's worth because I can't eat very much but I always say if they have the bread pudding for desert, it's all worth every penny. I go there for the bread pudding I guess because that is my favorite and it can't be beat at the buffet where I go. The fried chicken and fish is also delicious.

4. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    The few times I have went to local buffets, I believe I have broke even. I tend to fill up on fruits along with a small portion of meat. I also take advantage of the soft serve machine and other sweets. So, while I think I tend to get my money's worth, buffets are really not a good option for me. I do not eat a well balanced meal and I overindulge on the desserts.

5. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    Buffets lose money as soon as I walk in the door. I only eat a portion of what I used to but I still get more than my money's worth and I have been asked to leave buffets multiple times. I remember eating 25 racks of ribs on all you can eat rib night at the BBQ place near me and they just started serving me slabs of fat so I wouldn't get the point and stop eating, lol.

6. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I think you can get your money's worth as long as the buffet is under 10 bucks. Anything over 10 dollars and you may not get your money's worth. I paid $30 dollars for a bruch buffet and I was too full off of the refills of champagne that I could barely eat. The portions were also very tiny.

7. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I don't try out the buffet since I'm not really a heavy eater and I get stressed when I don't get my money's worth because I get full easily. Although some of my friends really like going to buffets because they eat a lot. I mean, I already feel sorry for the restaurant because my friends are killing them. Haha.

8. Drainbamaged

DrainbamagedNew Member

Threads:
    We rarely eat at all-you-can-eat buffets, because we prefer to stay at home and cook. But whenever we do go, I can say that I get my money's worth alright. I just love the desserts and I love steak! This is mostly what I eat on buffets, and because steak is pretty expensive, just on that alone I usually end up eating way more than what I paid for.

9. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Sure I always get my money's worth and more. You just sit there relaxing and don't have to do the cooking yourself and how nice can that be. Some one is always picking up your plate and you can go back as many times as you want, that's amazing, but as I said I can't eat that much, but it's there in case you can.

10. dhintaka

dhintakaMember

Threads:
    Buffet works for those who have great appetites and therefore it doesn't suit me. I am a small eater but my family member they just enjoy the beautiful spread in many of the buffet that's in the city. Personally, I think that I don't justify it but in itself its quite a great deal.

11. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    I don't care for all you can eat places that much except for Chinese places. My boyfriend used to love going to all you can eat restaurants. He wasn't a big guy by any means, but he sure could eat. It was surprising. He sure got his money's worth. I just enjoyed the variety even if I didn't get huge portions. A lot of times we knew we were going and didn't eat too much earlier in the day so we could have a nice big meal. We did this especially on Saturdays for lunch when we would sleep in late anyway.

12. Kam147

Kam147Member

Threads:
    My wife is not a fan of the all-you-can-eat buffet, but a couple of times a year, I AM. I'm not a big guy, but if I prepare for the event, I can be a big eater, and that's exactly what I do during my solo outings to the Chinese all-you-can-eat buffet. My favorite is a local place, and it costs $10.99 with a refillable drink. If I had to guess, I'd say I probably put down around $30 worth of food during a visit. They have a dessert bar, but for me, that's just a distraction. I never eat dessert - just meat, rice, noodles, and veg - and soup. As I said, I only do it a couple of times a year, and it's a fun time for me.