Do You Give Away Outgrown Clothes?

Discussion in 'Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff' started by gracer, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Working Buck

Working BuckActive Member

well others would sell their outgrown clothes but I would rather give them to charity or some homeless people on the streets. Since our place has a lot of homeless people on the streets, giving away some clothes would help them out a bit and make them quite happy.

2. tonyb

tonybActive Member

There are few times I bought clothes that didn't properly fit in terms of size when I got home. I just did a rough check at the boutique and concluded they were my sizes. What I did in a few occasions was look for a younger person that it would fit and give it out as a gift. For a more expensive clothes I do go back for a change.

3. Ray1

Ray1Active Member

You would be surprised to note that I have sorted out almost 30-40 of used clothes since last night and still in process to find more which I am planning to donate to a place that houses lepers. You know lepers are the most neglected persons of our society which have no alternative but beg.

Working Buck likes this.
  4. efrain silva

It's been said that those who give, in turn receive, and vice versa. What comes around, goes around. This is how the world works. Plus, what is one person's garbage can become another one's treasure. Give. There is so much need in our world today, even among kids. It is sad to see, but we can make any sort of a difference here.......

Working Buck and Ray1 like this.
  5. Ray1

Ray1Active Member

I agree, I have been donating my old clothes to needy ones for almost 12 years and never regretted my decision. The looks in the eyes of the lepers gives me such a satisfaction that motivates me to donate more. I am now asking my wife to discard soe of her used clothes because I saw a number of scantily dressed ladies in this bitter cold season.

6. Working Buck

It is quite sad but I have to agree with this. Because of leprosy , most people are afraid to even go near them.Good thing you thought of doing that. May God Bless you a lot more.

Ray1 likes this.
  7. Working Buck

I totally agree, I saw this video once on social media where a restaurant was hiring homeless people. They helped a lot of homeless people until they managed to branch out and build a fine dining resto where Leonardo Dicaprio even visited their resto. They have this "pay it forward" scheme where people who eat gives some amount of money so that homeless people can eat in the restaurant for free.

8. Ray1

Ray1Active Member

You know we have adapted a system to donate food enough for at least 50 people from our community parties. We generally donate to lepers' homes or orphanage. Last night we went and offered fruits to elderly residents of a old-age home. The happiness on the faces of those grateful elderly people was beyond description. It was not an expensive affair distributing a few kgs of apples and few dozens of bananas but the experience was something out of the world.