Do You Give Clothing as Gifts?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by nwitt • Apr 28, 2014.

1. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarieActive Member

Threads:
    I try not to give clothes as gifts especially for women because we are so picky about the fitting and style. I will buy clothes for someone if it is a name brand and I know that they will love it. I usually stick to shoes, purses, and jewelry for wearable items for gifts. I think a gift card to their favorite store is the best option.

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't typically give clothing as gifts. I used to buy clothing for my Dad. He was so very easy to shop for. He loved to wear athletic wear. I could never go wrong. He was very easy to please. I don't find buy clothes for anyone else. I'm just remembering that I used to buy clothes for my niece when she was a toddler.

3. malida

malidaNew Member

Threads:
    I have given clothes to my sis's son as gifts. I had the worries aout the size when i shop for baby clothes at the first time, nd after considering for a long time,i bough some bigger sizes so that he can wear in the future.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I try as much as possible to only make clothes as gifts as a last resort. I am always very worried that the clothes won't fit whenever I give them out as gifts, so I'd rather just give them items that don't need to fit to be used. Also, I find them a bit too common to give as gifts unless the style really fits the person I'm giving it to. I think other, more personality specific gifts are much more preferable to me, but again, clothes are still alright as long as they still fit the person's style and provided they fit.

5. robinegg

robineggMember

Threads:
    I never give clothes as gifts. I don't know their size, their preferred style, or what they love/hate to wear. I would absolutely hate it if someone gives me clothes or shoes as a gift, because I will feel obligated to wear it to make them happy. It isn't something that occurs to me, and if I knew they really loved a store and I really couldn't find them a gift, I might get a gift card from that store so at least they can buy their own clothes.