Do you give Easter gifts?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by sazzieh • Mar 24, 2014.

1. sazzieh

sazziehNew Member

Threads:
    Do you give Easter gifts? I'm undecided whether it is necessary, but my family maintains that it is an important tradition. For the past couple of years I have bought a small trinket from a local craft fair for most family members and some chocolate for the young children of the family. From this year however I am giving homemade gifts. I bought some chocolate moulds and a chocolate chips in bulk and have made my own chocolate trinkets. I will wrap them in cellophane and tie them in ribbon. This seems a lot more personal and is also significantly cheaper.

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    We don't give gifts on Easter around here. Instead we spend some time together cooking the meal, painting Easter eggs and socializing. It's more like a get together time with all the family members. But if I were to gift I'd do the same as you: prepare something myself instead of just buying something since it's not only cheaper but the others will see that you really care :)

3. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    It is that time again

Oh wow. I have been so busy I did not even realize that Easter was coming up. We do easter baskets. We hid them and make the kids look for them. It is a lot of fun. We do not do candy in chocolate in the baskets. Instead we do small toys, books and other stuff like that.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I give gifts only once a year — during Christmas time. IMO, there are so many holidays and 'special' days in a year that if you had to give a gift each time there's a holiday you'd end up spending a lot.

5. sarz

sarzActive Member

Threads:
    No I don't buy gifts at Easter I don't think its necessary and neither does anyone I know because I don't receive any. Just another way of getting us to spend money. Painting eggs is fun and Easter egg hunts with the children. But other than that we just have nice food and drinks and spend time as a family.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I only have one child and I do buy her Easter chocolates and sometimes a little bunny. She's 16 years old but loves to get presents so I don't mind getting her a couple of small things. I don't do Easter baskets or go overboard, but I get her a couple of small items. I agree that there are too many holidays and too much pressure to spend money so I don't celebrate every holiday.

7. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    We do Easter baskets for our kids. It was a tradition in my family growing up and we really liked it, so I'm passing it on. I will say though, that I haven't had to spend much to make this an easy tradition.

I shop Easter candy sales, and grandparents are pretty notorious for sending Easter care-packages to our kids, which I just use to fill the baskets too. Usually we do traditional candy, and then one educational or crafty type toy. Nothing major and not huge, but something that requires creativity or motor skills or something. We hide the baskets and my kids look forward to it every year.

8. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Easter has never been a holiday where I give and receive gifts. We do other things so it doesn't seem necessary to me. Can't remember the last time I really did anything for Easter though. It's not a very major holiday for me anymore.

9. AB9100

AB9100Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of anyone giving gifts on Easter.

I have never heard of it being tradition Either. I think there is already enough gift-giving holidays in the year. We do not need to turn Easter into another one. Easter is about the resurrection of Jesus. Not gifts, or an Easter egg bunny.

The only thing i give out on Easter is those little chocolate eggs. I give them to children at my church annual Easter egg hunt. However. I do not consider that a gift. Just giving out a piece of candy.

What kind of gift would be appropriate to give to someone on Eater anyway?