Do You Go For Thorough Medical Check Up?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by remnant • Nov 6, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    A thorough medical check up is recommended to be conducted annually. Its the secret behind the longevity of most world leaders because terminal illnesses and other serious conditions like cancer, high blood pressure and others are diagnosed early before they have a chance to become life threatening and neutered accordingly. It may appear expensive but weighed against there facts, its the cheapest option.

2. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    You may be right but I honestly don't get routinely examined. I only see a doc on SOS basis and that too if it is a real SOS!

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    When I was a child my mom took be to regular doctor checkups but when I turned 10 we would only go if it was needed. It had been years after that since I stepped into a doctors office until I got pregnant. To make sure my baby was fine I would go to all my appointments which were also required by my job.

4. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I was never really faithful about doing this. We only went to the doctor if something was wrong when I was a kid, so I did the same as an adult. Then, I started getting a check up once in a while if I hadn't been to the doctor for a long time.

Now, I'm there much more often (having some issues). Since I've had a thorough exam and tons of tests recently, I think I can safely skip the "well care" check up this year.

5. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I hardly go for routine checkups mainly because of the high cost associated with this. Moreover, I believe in my gut feeling which can warn me of any bad things happening to my body. But I do check my BP, Cholesterol and sugar once in six months or so and they are well within limits till now. These tests are not pricey too.

In fact I am a believer in natural healing and have never been to a doctor for so many years now. In case of usual cold or fever I depend on home remedies which works well for me or my body is now accustomed to that.

I admit the fact that regular checkup is good to keep us updated of our health conditions but it is not ideal for middle income people. Also frequent scans and similar things can harm our body cells too.

6. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    I do. Every year, I have extra bucks for executive checkups because our HMO only covers have of the amount. It's really important for one to do this kind of checkup because nowadays people are getting more exposed to pollutants and different types of poisons. At least, if ever we get diagnosed with a life threatening diseases we can easily manage them. It's always a good rule to follow the saying "Prevention is Better than Cure".

7. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I admit that I am scared of a medical checkup. And as long as I don't feel anything alarming, I wouldn't go for a checkup. However, last June, my tummy was troubling me with the incessant and severe pains that sometimes result in diarrhea (but not really because the waste is not watery). I underwent a checkup with laboratory analysis that said I have high cholesterol level. And after taking medication, I am now back to my normal self. A medical checkup is expensive since you have to pay the doctor's fee and the laboratory not to mention the medication that will be prescribed. I am hoping that I can avoid medical checkups for a long time.

8. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have to go through such checkups twice every year. Once by our company and the other by the community checkup organized by local community on voluntarily basis. There is another check up every once in a while we apply for the long term visas as mandatory condition of certain countries.

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I do not have a routine medical check up. I think I am lucky as I work more in the hospital settings, sometimes I make use of the facilities there to check my blood pressure, body weight. I do not do this routinely just once in a long while. I think people that have attained the age of forty or forty five and over should ensure a routine health check.

10. kokimboka

kokimbokaMember

Threads:
    I have to admit the last time I went for a thorough medical check up was four years ago,and that's because I was pregnant and it was requirement. I hate hospitals and everything to do with them. As far as am concerned the righteous will live by faith Romans 1:17

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree no one wants to spend money on unnecessary bills unless must so I wish we had to go through lesser medical checkups. I am waiting for a clearance from doctor of the commonwealth countries that sits in Sydney for clearance of my health report sent to him for further check up for a long term visa for Australia. I hate it but it is there mandatory condition.

12. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I too go for medical checkup on SOS basis. Even for this, I find it so very difficult to get the time to visit the doctor. But I think that it is a good practice to have a thorough check up once in a while.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have gone through my thorough medical checkup today itself. Actually, our company sponsors it or everyone every year at share basis. I take the advantage of it almost every year besides going for different other necessary checkups recommended by doctors. I think we should not avoid sugar, BP, dental and other tests from time to time.

14. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Yes having medical check up annually and regularly is important. But there are a lot of people who don't do usually do this especially if they don't feel anything bad with their body and feel great, including me. We normally go to the doctor when we just feel the need to. Even if we get sick, we just do some remedies and use organic stuffs to cure ourselves. So I guess it's fine :)

15. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I think regular medical checkups reveal your problems in advance and you can take prevent them from reaching to dangerous stage. In most cases the people with regular care and proper awareness about the importance of such awareness save lot of monies which they would have spent on treatment. As they say prevention is better than cure.

16. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I really try to get in at least once a year for actual real check up, but to be honest I kind of avoid it too, so it might end up being less than once a year. I just hate going to the doctor, or dentist.

17. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    It is really sad that I have this available to me for free but never or let's say haven't utilized it. I believe it's more suited for older people though anything can happen at any age. The older I get is the more likely I will visit the clinic for checkups.

18. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    If I have to believe medical experts on begins getting older at the age of 25 onward. Sounds unbelievable but the truth is that body cells start dying or showing signs of age so after 25 the aging process begins. Since some body parts deteriorate faster than others it is better to have them checked at a regular interval. And if you have the facility to get them checked for free, you should take the advantage.

19. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, it's a part of my University's program as it is also the home of a reputable hospital. They literally said 'Don't wait until you're in serious problems to do make use of our facilities'. The irony is that is exactly what we all do.