Do You Go Herbal?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by remnant • Apr 6, 2016.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know right? I think there was an article about paracetamol increasing the risk of blindness and such. And so many people just take medication for relief, trusting their practitioners to steer them right, when in reality it is all about profit and putting bandages on symptoms. It is not actually about curing people. I am so relieved and happy that you found not only a cheaper solution to your medical problem, but one with no side effects. I get really angry too. Nobody tells you these things. I have mercury filling and at the time was given no other choice but to have mercury material fillings, and now I find out that there is no safe amount of mercury to have in or on your body. I have many health issues that nobody knows the cause for, but coincide with mercury poisoning, yet nobody will test me or anything.If I had known then what I know about regenerating cavities now? I never would have had to get the fillings in the first place.

2. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, mercury is not safe to have in the body, even in small amounts. Even some doctors like to prescribe the latest and greatest drugs that they are paid to push by pharma companies, and you are their guinea pig. I think John Oliver even did a piece on this very specific problem a while ago.

3. DreekLass

Threads:
    I honestly don't know what to do. I am hoping mercury poisoning is not the problem, but even if it is not it is stil this ticking time bomb in my mouth. Well, multiple ticking time bombs, because I have more than one. Any how I come into a large sum of money, I am going to get them removed pronto. We live in a screwed up world where profiut is paramount and the poor health of the actual people is manufactured in order to profit.

4. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I grew up with using a herbal remedy first. Majority of the time the holistic way would work. I don't have anything against conventional medicine, I just think this type of medicine can be over prescribed and abused.

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    @atlmom5@atlmom5 I sort of grew up with herbal remedies. I think that most people do to some extent. Not to tell you what to do but conventional medicine is one of the leading killers. I forget what the primary killer is now, but I remember reading about western medicine being responsible for far too many deaths. The problem is that is only really addresses the symptoms and never the root cause.

#25Apr 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  6. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    @remnant@remnant When we use a medication frequently our bodies become used to it and build up a resistance. That is why we need a higher dose at a later stage. I much prefer to use herbal remedies where possible as they always seem to work without having to up the dosage.

#26Apr 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  7. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I think herbs are a bit more gentle than drugs and people know all the side effects from years of them being around,so they know the herbs have been will documented and well explored. Also some other advantages are no side effects and long term use of herbs are not dangerous either,also they are affordable and easily accessible as well.

8. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I always prefer to go herbal, however, I cannot go herbal all the time. For example, if I have common cold, I will make a mixture of turmeric and warm milk and take this drink twice a day until my cold is cured. However, if my head is aching and the pain does not go away even after three days, I will visit the doctor.

9. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    I too always prefer natural medicines which can be prepared in the home. Whenever I travel to my hometown in vacation holidays my grandmother used to give us lot o medicines that she had made from the plants that she has got from our village. They are highly effective.

10. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I always go for herbal product, I even use herbal remedies when I am sick. I go to doctor only when herbal remedies do not cure me. My cosmetic products are always herbal, my toiletries are also herbal. However, when I buy herbal product I only buy from reputed companies and manufactures. I use herbal shampoo, herbal soap, herbal oils, herbal moisturizer etc.

11. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I don’t believe in herbal remedies except for one – the sambong plant which is good for kidney stones. Brewed like a tea, the sambong herbal drink dissolves the stones. I have to believe because it’s been 11 years that my wife is drinking that concoction which I brew myself. Her kidney stone which was discovered in 2006 was her 3rd so I tried to find an option other than the lithotripsy that she had undergone twice already. With the efficacy of my concoction, I can say that it is really effective against kidney stones.

12. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I have immense faith on alternate medicines.

If the disease is not too threatening, I try to find the cure through homeopathic or herbal medicines. In most of the cases, symptoms start to subside in couple of days. Herbal medicines are good for immunity building as well.

However, alternate medicines might take a few days extra to show the impact. But, it is worth waiting as these medicines do not have harsh impact on our system.

13. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think we can keep any particular medication over the other as it depends on the disease and its remedies available. I agree with the point conveyed by one of the members above that once a drug is used for a long time the bacteria develops a resistance therefore the doctors either give another drug or a higher dose of the same as the case be. There are particular diseases like jaundice has no Allopathie treatment therefore a herbal treatment is recommended for that.

14. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with sambong being effective in treating kidney stones and problems, because sambong pills were prescribed even to my cat by the vet, because he had trouble peeing that time. Although I think for some ailments, herbal plants can't really treat them alone, so medical help is needed.

15. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I do from time to time, but it is not really anything close to a habit or anything. The fact is is that a lot of the things that I would get are more expensive if you go the herbal route and never really sure if you are getting the most for your money.

16. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do go herbal sometimes, the fact, I'd rather use herbal combinations than to taking injections or tablets if am not feeling sound. One of my most used herbal plant is the Neem Leaf. This plant has been proven to be very efficacious in the treatment of fever, it has a bitter element which I think makes it a good stuff for diabetes management too. In treating fever the leaves are cooked with other herbal plants with plenty water. The water from the cooked neem leaf is drank by the sick at least three times a day.

17. derf

derfNew Member

Threads:
    While herbal ways are just one way to gain peace of mind and heal from illnesses the best bet is to go to the doctor to get an approved medication. This is because the medications are proven medically to heal illnesses and any other bad form of stuff in the body. Herbal is not recognized and can sometimes worsen symptoms if not given the right and right amount of herbal medicine. Not too mention some of the herbal medicine can cause worse side effects than those already would be present in your body.

18. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, some herbal formulations are really effective in certain instances. There may some afflictions that it's not certain of the effectiveness herbal concoctions in these cases. There are some people making statements about the effectiveness of certain herbs and fruits in the curing of some chronic diseases such as cancer for example. It's probably not a good thing to accept these statements as facts especially as there is no conclusive evidence to back it up. It's not like I would tell someone that aloe vera is very effective for the healing of wounds which I am certain of because there has been conclusive evidence to back it up I have seen it work on numerous occasions.The other problem with taking herbs for certain afflictions is that the herb may be effective for a specific ailment but could be harmful if you suffer from certain other afflictions which would probably result in further complications. All I am saying is that you should be sure of what is really safe and effective when resorting to herbal remedies.

19. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I like to use herbal product, however going herbal is not always possible. Herbal products are more expensive compared to synthetic products, therefore, I cannot use herbal product always. Further more, not all products are herbal even though it might be listed as herbal product on the label. There is so much cheating in the name of herbal product.