Do you go paperless?

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by Livvy • Jul 1, 2014.

1. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    Most banks allow you to go paperless these days, so that your statement comes in an email pdf. Do you take advantage of this? You don't save any money, but it does save the bank money, and saves the paper that would be used otherwise.

2. 7zer0z

7zer0zBanned

Threads:
    I get my statements online. It is more convenient because I can check them anywhere and I don't have to wait for the paper statements to get delivered.

3. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I get most of my bill statements online. I also receive my bank statement online. Also, I have several apps that link my quickly to my accounts. Yes, they are all free. They are not actually saving me money. However, they are saving the banks and businesses money, time, and paper. I think that online banking and business dealings online or through apps are so convenient and a nice timesaver!

4. lionzfire122

lionzfire122Member

Threads:
    I go paperless.

Personally I think if you select this option with your bank you shouldn't have to pay as much for your service fee. I currently have Bank of America which charges me a monthly fee of about $12. At this point, I barely use my account and even though the paperless option is quiet helpful, it saves me no money.

TD Bank has free checking, and you can go paperless.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's more convenient than going to the bank to get the statement. That's why I prefer getting my statement via email. Saves me a lot in gas and the need to talk to people [something which I hate].

6. Tiara Murphy

Tiara MurphyNew Member

Threads:
    I get my statements online but opt to get my notices in the mail. I hate that I'm killing trees, so I do recycle them, but I find that I don't always get online and check the documents as often as I should. With my one bank, you actually have to go look, and they are constantly updating their policies and it can be difficult to keep up if I don't receive the mail.

7. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Yep, I sure do.

I hardly ever have anything in paper copy any more. I want the digital version instead so that I can view and handle everything online.

8. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, absolutely. I go paperless wherever and whenever possible. I can't understand the vast amounts of paper that are being wasted in this country. For every shopping transaction in the supermarket I get two large receipts, even though I don't even need one. Well, perhaps for a large purchase where I might have to return the item, but not for my daily shopping.
    I never print out anything unless I really have to.

9. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I went paperless with everything related to my finances. In addition to being better for the environment it helps me stay organized. Before I would keep organizers with all of my statements so there was paper everywhere, now I can access it all online, it is a real luxury to be able to do this.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have gone paperless also, if I do get a paper I scan it into my computer. When the store ask email or print the receipt I ask them to email me that way I know I will be able to find the receipt if I need it.

11. cameronpalte

cameronpalteNew Member

Threads:
    I personally prefer to go paperless because it is much more effective and simpler to do. On top of that it allows you to keep a copy of everything more effectively without worrying about losing it as much.

12. Aurora

AuroraMember

Threads:
    I will not go paperless for bank statements because I need physical records to check with my finances from time to time. Moreover, some institutions in my country require a physical mail to verify the residential or correspondence address. It would be difficult for me to find other alternative proof mail besides the bank statements.