Do you go to the gym?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by xcmiller93x • May 5, 2012.

1. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    Do you go to the gym? If so, how often, and what gym?

2. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I bought a used treadmill from a family member, bought a set of dumbells, a few games for my PS3 motion. I went online and got an exercise routine and it works out quite good for me and the price is right.

3. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I have a gym membership, and like so many people, I barely ever go. I hate it. My gym is so overcrowded, the machines are old and half of them are broken, the classes are completely full and unusable, the parking lot is tiny, so there is never any parking, I end up parking in a field near it. I find it a very disappointing experience.

4. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I've been a member of many gyms including Bally's, LA Fitness, 24/7 Fitness and many others. I personally hate gyms because there are so many nosy people and perverts. I prefer to work out at home with my own weights.

5. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    I don't. I hate sweating and being exhausted.
    But I used to go for nearly two monts last year, it was for free so I just took an advantage. I didn't see the results, though. Maybe apart from the fact that I was at a better condition, which means I wasn't so exhausted after running for example. Now I am, but I'm not going to go back to gym. It's definitely not for me.

6. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I used to take yoga classes in a studio. It was not like a gym, though, because you don't pay anything when you don't go, and also payment was by donation. If all I had one day was a dollar that's all I would pay. I'd usually try to give more than that, though.

7. xtina3907

xtina3907Member

Threads:
    I don't have a gym membership. I do go to a local church for Zumba classes most Thursday! I usually just take a brisk walk with my daughter and her stroller in the mornings. Walking is relaxing for me. I don't have a need for a gym and the nosy people that stare at you ha!

8. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    I don't go to a gym at all. I do my exercise mainly by taking long walks on the road. There is a gym on the ground floor of the apartment building that I am in but I haven't been inside yet. Admission is free, though.

9. ilike2save

ilike2saveNew Member

Threads:
    I am supposed to go join our city's recreation center this morning. They have a workout area with cardio and weight machines, free weights , an indoor track, a rock climbing wall and a basketball court. They offer some classes, although there is an extra charge for them. I like working out at a gym with a friend more than working out at home or running by myself. It keeps me motivated and accountable.

There is a free gym in my apartment complex, but it is small and the machines are always in poor condition. I don't like to use the facility very much at all.

10. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    I never go to gyms because the thought of having other people around me while I'm working out, possibly watching me, sort of scares me a bit. Not because of anything perverse, but because I fear I might be doing something wrong and there might be gym veterans there.

11. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I've never been to a gym before in my whole life. I usually work out at home, I always wanted to try it, but I just never had the money. I'm scared that if I sign up for a membership I won't go very often. The work out I do at my house is okay, but the gym has better equipment. There's a gym by my house I have gone past a few times and it looks pretty clean. I might go in and see if I can get a trial membership, I want to see if I can get better results than at home.

12. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be a member of the YMCA but I never really went there so I cancelled my membership. I prefer to workout at my own home since I don't like people watching me when I work out. I just bought a cheap set of free weights and a cheap treadmill to make my very own at home gym. I use my at home gym about 3 times a week :p.

13. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    I use to go the gym monday-friday but for a hour i did shoulders biceps triceps legs lats abs to go into detail i did hammer curls drag curls preacher curls and regular curls bench press inner and outer grip shoulders i used dumbbells and just rolled my shoulders back i do 6 sets of each and go up by 5 pounds then last set i do a lower weight and rep it as many times as i can i have lil to no rest in between my sets for abs i did spartan crunches leg lifts weight sit ups.I have a year membership at GOLD'S GYM.

14. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    No, I do not belong to a gym. I did once, paid the membership and never went. I actually joined for the spa facilities. Anyway, it was the biggest waste of money...it is much better to exercise outside. The funny thing is, that gym adapted and they actually have outdoor facilities too now.

15. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I don't go to the gym because I work out at home. I don't think I've ever been to the gym in my life. The thought crossed my mind, but I just never got up the guts to go. I've been looking for a gym to join by my house so I can workout. So far I haven't found one that I think has the right feel to it for me to join. All the exercise I do is at my home, but hopefully I can get into the gym.

16. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    No, because I live near a park. A park with exercise stations that is over a mile long and comes with a track, basketball courts, tennis courts, and a very handy (very large) set of steps just across the street.

17. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I live close to a park, so I do all of my exercise there. Even in the middle of summer the park is somewhat busy, but they have plenty of trails and other items for you to go off on to get away from the crowds.

18. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Nope, but maybe I should. I just can't find enough energy to do it :p

19. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Nope. I don't have gym memberships nor do I really want to go into a room filled with sweaty people with the same purpose as me. Besides, I feel awkward being around so many people at once. I'd rather go to a local park or jog around the neighborhood in the mornings.

20. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also used to belong to the YMCA. I really liked it for the variety of sport activities. I had to drop my membership several months ago. Now, my main form of exercise is walking.