Do You Go to the Movies Anymore?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by nwitt • Apr 4, 2014.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I still do, but not nearly as often as I used to. A few years ago, I'd be in cinemas almost each weekend or whenever a new movie came out, but after a while, the movies didn't seem like the makers were putting in that much effort anymore, so I stopped going. I'm still glad they are churning these out, but with the quality that the new movies are in, getting churned out like a product instead of an art form, I'd rather just wait for them on Bluray then so I at least could just watch them in the comfort of my own home instead of having to leave the house just to feel swindled.

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I am not anymore a patron of cinema. I still love movies, but because I do not have much time. I think there are things more necessary to do than to go out and see a movie. Going to the cinema takes a lot of time. Aside from the length of the movie, queuing, buying tickets and food, and going to there back home also take a non negligible amount of time which would take away 3-4 hours from my time at all. So, I only watch movies that are really worth my time, money and effort. Movies that are not disappointing. Thanks to online sites that review movies. They give me clues which movies will not throw my time.

3. Jrh2

Jrh2Member

Threads:
    I rarely go these days as I would rather wait for the DVD to come out where I can watch it in comfort. Where I live the cinema is always really cold and has small screens and uncomfortable seats so paying £5 to see a film once is not worth it when you can wait a few months and pay £10 to buy the DVD and watch it however many times you wish.