Do you grow your own food

Discussion in Home & Garden started by maddie • Jan 30, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    No, I do not grow my own food. I prefer to get them from a grocery store or at a farmer's market. It's the easiest for me and most time-economical. However, I give people who grow their own food props.

2. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    I grew my own tomatoes one year. Remember those topsy turvy tomato planters? I had three of those, and was overflowing with tomatoes in the fall. I don't care for tomatoes sauces so we gave most of them away.

3. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    I have never grown my own food. I always just purchase them, and I will most likely always do so. I always said I would like to live on a farm, and if I ever did I would probably grow my own food.

4. GottDeals

GottDealsNew Member

Threads:
    Interesting that I should come across this thread these days. It's just been the last couple of weeks that I've given some serious thought to growing some of my own food and I've read some information about something called SPIN Farming. I even downloaded a few videos on the subject. It looks really interesting to me and there is a vacant lot behind my rented apartment which I am thinking of using. I just spoke with the secretary of the homeowners association and I am trying to get in touch with the owner of that vacant lot.

5. khillis

khillisMember

Threads:
    In Ontario, most items grow with ease. I am limited to space, but I grow herbs, tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. I go to a local farmer for all my other needs. Sourcing my food locally, is important to me. For your herbs; instead of having them spread out all over, get a big clay pot. I put four to five herbs in one clay pot and keep it on my back deck. Easier to access and water.