Do You Guys Use A Smart Band?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by GavinGimbo • Jun 21, 2015.

1. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    Hello everyone!

So, I would like to know if anyone around here has a smartband. You know, those accessories which you are able to connect to your device and see the number of steps you've walked, your sleep times, etc.

If you do, what is the most worthy smart band for the price out there? I am personally looking for something below $100. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

2. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    While there is a Sony SmartBand, they're not generally called that term. They're called smartwatches and fitness bands or trackers. The Jawbone Up starts around $100, but most of the sub-$100 fitness trackers aren't that accurate or worth considering. Pivotal Living does sell a $12 fitness tracker that has gotten decent reviews, but there are plenty of negative ones, too.

3. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out. Yes, I believe they are more expensive due to the fact that they contain more features than a normal traditional smart band. Smartwatches on the other hand, is a completely different approach to smart wearables.

When you say that sub-$100 fitness aren't that accurate or worth considering, do you mean the generic ones or the branded ones as well? I think Fitbit does a great job and providing quality fitness bands. Do correct me if I'm wrong!

4. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    I do, and I paid around $250 for it. Well, it isn't that worth it, don't take it for granted, but where I live these fancy things are that expensive and this is why I had to pay this price. Anyway, I really don't think there's anything under $100, and even if it was available to purchase, I would really doubt its performances and reliability.

5. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    $250 is not bad for a very good smart band. What's the brand by the way?

Yeah, I just realized paying below $100 for a fitness tracker may not have accurate readings.

6. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have a Fitbit One. It wasn't a smart band, but a clip on that was and is really good. I just lost it unfortunately. I really don't want to wear one on my arm, but the one that I want now is a band, so I'll have to wear it in such a way as it's not seen.