Do You Hate It When You Can't Take Advantage Of A Coupon?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Ke Gordon • Aug 8, 2016.

1. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had a coupon to the local mall the other day. Well it isn't really local, it is a 45 minute drive. It was a pretty good coupon 10 dollars off your mall shopping. However, I had just used a lot of gas the previous day, and had not received a check I was looking for, so I really wasn't sure about the whole gas situation. I was not a happy camper not being able to use that coupon though! Has somehting like that ever happened to you?

2. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like not being able to use a coupon either. For example when I have a coupon for a product that can only be used in a certain store, then my local store doesn't have the item, I get annoyed. Especially when I'd already checked with the store if they sold the product, only to be told "Yeah we used to but we don't any more!" It's frustrating and feels like a waste of money too if I had to actually print out the coupon.

3. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    Did you ask them for a raincheck or if they could order it coogooh? I mean some stores are pretty good about that kind of thing. The thing that happens to me often though is going to use a coupon to find out it is already expired! That is disappointing. However, if they are restaurant coupons, certain restaurants I know will take expired coupons, I don't know about other retailers though.

4. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Sure do, and when you think about it it is really the same as wasting money. You go in thinking that you are getting a certain price, and then you are left to pay full price. I cannot say that it happens too often, which of course is good, but it has happened and it is certainly frustrating. I guess you just gotta try to make up for it elsewhere. Thanks for sharing.

5. Ke Gordon

Threads:
    I generally will not buy an item if it is full price and my coupon is expired or I can't use it. I just wait until I get another one, or buy it someplace else or something. It is not fun to have to pay full price when you were expecting to get money off. I just hate it though when you can't use coupons that come in the mail for instance, or the expiration date is passed.

6. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    Yes and if I don't get to use it, I feel empty and disappointed that I had to pay full price for an item while I could have gotten a great deal with a coupon. Either that or I just don't buy anything at al and it's mostly because some stores don't accept it which is ridiculous.