Do you hate Paypal?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by classy_ally • Jun 11, 2012.

1. classy_ally

classy_allyMember

Threads:
    I have been on the internet many years. eBay has been a good place make a little cash and get some great deals. But Paypal is really starting to trip. They are holding your money more than 2 weeks if you are selling something. This is a complete turn off to me. What happens if you drop ship items? You have to deliver the products first before you see the money. I am really starting to hate Paypal.

Anybody else tired of the craziness of Paypal?:mad:

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Wait, what? When did they start holding money for 2 weeks?? :S I haven't sold anything on Ebay in quite a while, but that's obviously an even bigger turnoff now. :S

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I consider PayPal to be a necessary evil. I really don't like them, but they are the preferred online payment processor.

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have had that happen to me when I sold a gift card. It was ridiculous. I also hate how it takes 2 days for the money to get into my bank account. How is it that I can pay Verizon and they get the money the same day, but Paypal takes 2 days? I'd pay a small fee to have it the same day. Gr

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I don't really "hate" them because they're the only way I can make money online while still being underage, but I do hate their fees and that their disputes/claims can take so long to be solved some times.

6. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    At this time, I have no issues with them. I just recently opened an account and it is working out even better than I thought it would. I'll have to see what the future brings, but so far, so good. I truly did have some major concerns after hearing of the various issues throughout the years, but hopefully, I'll just hear about them and not actually have to share in the stories.

7. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    At the moment, I've had no problems with them as a buyer. Though with all I've heard and the fees, I imagine PayPal to be a horror for sellers.

8. MyOCDisMild

MyOCDisMildMember

Threads:
    I don't have an issues with paypal either. At one point in time, I linked my bank account with it, but I cancelled that and have since
    just been using the site itself. I don't sell anything online, but I do do a little work online when I have the time and that money is sent
    directly to paypal and if I want to buy something with my PP account I do that, if I want a paper check I request that. I love it.

9. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Have you thought about getting their debit card? I think I may look into what sort of bills I can pay through PayPal for emergency payments, but their transfer to my account was the next business day which I wasn't expecting so it may not be necessary to do either option with that kind of speed.

10. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    I only receive money for services through PayPal and I buy things with it, so I love it. I don't have the experience as a seller, and I've heard a lot of horror stories, but that side of it doesn't affect me. I have the debit card and the new Prepaid Debit Card, so I can get direct deposit, use it for bill pay, have a savings account, etc. It's great. And the few times I've had to contact customer service - for fraud issues, for a lost card, and a couple other things - it's been fast, polite and efficient. They've been great.

11. classy_ally

classy_allyMember

Threads:
    I'm glad a few of you are having a good experience. I think the problems start when you are seller on eBay. I think any other transactions are not that bad. I do use them to shop because I don't have much choice. But if I did....

12. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    As someone else commented here, they are a necessary evil right now, for me. If there were some other way, I would grab it. They do not even operate in so many countries...so if you are able to use them and get paid through them, you are in a small percentage of the world's population. Many countries can send money out of their country...but not receive it IN. And it is all poor countries, yes, paypal sucks...but for now, I need their services so...they are a necessary evil.

13. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for answering some of the questions that I have. Will some of the services that you pay bills for allow payment directly out of the PayPal account or do you only pay with the debit cards?

Has anyone downloaded the PayPal app onto their phone? Truthfully, at this time, I probably don't have enough activity in the account to justify having it, but I am thinking positive, so I am preparing for a much busier account.

14. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use PayPal for selling items because it doesn't interest me. I can say this feature was put in place because of all the scams associated with eBay. It's not fair for one person to send the money upfront, and the other person gets nothing in return. I see nothing wrong with the new rule because I've paid for items on eBay, and they never came. This is just a security measure because if you were on the other side, you wouldn't want to be scammed out of your money.

#14Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  15. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    I have never had a problem with Paypal. They always post the money to my account within 3 days usually.

16. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    I have never had an issue with PayPal before. When did they change the format to holding the money for two weeks when you sell the product? This is sounds more like what Amazon does to their merchants then PayPal!

17. Joebus

JoebusNew Member

Threads:
    I have not had a problem with a 2 week holding. It takes about 6 days for me. Besides, I feel somewhat secure with Paypal. Recently someone from China hacked my account and tried spending $1.200. They caught it immediately and i didn't lose a dime. Unfortunately, though, it did give me some Ebay payment problems due to some of my own transactions failing, but I can't complain, considering the circumstances.

18. siriusboi

siriusboiMember

Threads:
    I have never had issues with Paypal before. It has actually become my saving grace. I have used it to withdraw my earnings whenever I make money online. I haven't used any other payment method aside from paypal.

19. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't had any problems with Paypal for a long time and this is the first I've heard of them holding your money for two weeks. In the past they've always transferred my money very quickly. Do they give any reasons for holding it that long? Seems kind of counter-productive to do it for no reason.

20. KNH

KNHActive Member

Threads:
    About a year ago I started receiving emails telling me they would start holding my money for two weeks. It is SO ridiculous and there really is no point to it. I sell textbooks on eBay and basically they don't trust me so they hold the payments. The emails I have received about it make it clear that the decision is final and I cannot get my money any sooner. I do feel more secure with PayPal, but I cannot stand how they hold my money.