Do you hate Paypal?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by classy_ally • Jun 11, 2012.

1. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    It seems like in this case, Paypal is choosing to err on the side of favoring the buyer, which is usually your best bet, as there are likely many more buyers than sellers. It just sucks that honest sellers have to be inconvenienced, but since I'm a buyer myself, I can't get too mad at it. I do accept payments through paypal for services rendered, though, and as such I've never had any problems with it.

2. thc101mc

thc101mcNew Member

Threads:
    No, why to hate Paypal, for me Paypal its best and awesome method for shopping.
    Example : you buy phone at ebay with paypal but seller not send your this phone, paypal can back your money.
    Best method for online shopping for me its Paypal and no, i not hate Paypal, I LOVE

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been using pay pal for years and i love it never had any problems with them. Even had an issue where this site took money out of my paypal and the site refused to give me my money back and i called paypal and the next day i had my money back so i love paypal

4. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I've been with Paypal for years now and I've had no issues with them. The new thing with holding the funds for two weeks doesn't really bother me either. I recently started selling things on Ebay again and I was a bit startled when I found out about this but I didn't think it was a big deal. I didn't need the money immediately or anything like that.

5. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    I guess PayPal is sticking to their policy of protecting the customer's rights to a refund! For myself, I only receive payments on PayPal and use the money to shop online so I don't actually get bothered much by this policy of theirs. But I've heard from many sellers online that this is a huge problem for them especially those operating on a tight budget. I guess this is just one of those limitations we have to put up with since we all need PayPal's services with them being one of the most trusted online payment processors...

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I first got my PayPal debit card, I was not able to use it for 2 months because there was a system glitch that caused them to mail out a bunch of debit cards without any way to activate them.
    They had create a way to link the cards to people's accounts rather than send new cards to everyone.
    This might be hard to relate to, but waiting 3 days for a Paypal bank transfer to buy groceries or pay bills was awful. Things really sucked for 2 months while they were fixing the debit cards.
    And some people who complained about the issue in the Paypal forums had their posts removed.

I use Paypal now because it's the most popular and widely accepted service and it works.
    But it's an uneasy alliance, like having a wild animal for a pet that might turn on you at any moment.

7. siriusboi

siriusboiMember

Threads:
    I don't think Paypal is a perfect payment processor but security is something that I don't really see them lacking. Paypal is used mostly by secured online stores as a payment method. HYIP's don't use Paypal because of it's refute claims and such. I think they are a reliable service provider. I haven't had problems in years.

8. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Its not the perfect payment processor but I think that its the best. I know that some sellers are at a huge disadvantage but while Paypal is still the most used payment processor, I guess the sellers should try to be more patient with it.

9. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using Paypal for a long time and any time that I have had a problem they have resolved it completely for me.

10. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    I think Paypal is also good but they are not perfect. Obviously, they can't please all their users but I am one of those who are completely satisfied with Paypal. They are easy to talk with when I have disputes and they are really true to their words. Maybe one thing that I can complain to paypal is their high fees when buying items from other countries. :D 10% is a lot.

11. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amen. There are no other international payment companies as big as them, so it's them or nothing.
    And those of us who work online or take surveys for extra cash can only get paid via Paypal.

The reason sellers hate Paypal is that they always find in favor of the buyer.
    So a buyer could say the perfect item you sent is bad, and then keep your item AND get a refund.

#51Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  12. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I too, have been on the internet many years and this reminds me of when hotmail was just "hotmail". I still have my original email from that time. Like brick and mortar mom and pop businesses that get bought out, internet businesses like paypal get bought out. And all too often, it's not a good outcome. It's kind of a shotgun marriage, though. If you sell on ebay, most people have to use it.

13. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    Never have had any problems or issues with Paypal and I've done a lot of buying and selling and business so yeah, fine by me thus far.

14. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't sold anything on Ebay yet, so I wouldn't really know, I just buy some stuff from the website. Anyway, that really sucks. Why would they hold on to the money for 2 weeks? I don't see the point. But one thing I hate about Ebay is that you can't log in using an IP different from the one that you signed up with. I bought something online using my cellphone, and then my account got limited.

15. jane211

jane211Member

Threads:
    I don't hate PayPal, but I don't like some of its terms and conditions, especially when it means they can hold on to your money for a few weeks. I run a small business on eBay and it means that I cannot free up money easily to buy new stock as it sometimes gets held by PayPal.

I would have thought that if you have been with PayPal for long enough, and have had no previous problems with them, then your payments should be OK. They can only really justify holding on to it if there is a dispute.

There are many benefits to using PayPal though, and it is about the only way that eBay sellers can now accept payments from overseas for auction items so I'll have to stick with it for now.

16. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    I do not hate PayPal. I do not like their fees but it is what it is. PayPal has been very useful to me.

17. chintu

chintuNew Member

Threads:
    No i don't hate paypal because it is one of the best and trust able payment processor so why should we hate paypal . may be paypal is creating some allegations in some countries but in my country there is no problem with Paypal except some restrictions .

18. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I've had so many problems with PayPal, I don't even know why I'm still with them. I'm a seller on eBay, and I use PayPal with my eBay as well as paying for my online purchases. If there was another site like PayPal, I would gladly get off of PayPal. Their fees are ridiculous because they're associated with eBay and eBay already takes fees for selling an item, then PayPal takes fees every time someone sends money to your account (not including transactions marked as "gift"), and you end up losing a lot of money as a seller. If a buyer opens up a complaint against you, PayPal will side with the buyer, no matter what, 99% of the time.

19. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I really lke Paypal, I haven't had any problems with them. I get my money from paypal within seconds using the prepaid paypal card. Are the holding money only when you sell on ebay?

20. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't understand why anyone would HATE Paypal. They offer a great service as far as I'm concerned. I have never had any problems using Paypal and I feel assurance in the buyer protection. Some people say Paypal is not very secure but I don't see how they come to that conclusion...