Do you hate Paypal?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by classy_ally • Jun 11, 2012.

1. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind it, but I still don't make any payments with it. I only use it to be paid. I do think the $500 a month limit to transfer to your bank is lame, and it seems to take a few days for the funds to transfer to my bank.

2. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    When it comes to you selling something then I would surmise Paypal is not necessarily great. When it comes to getting funds from online jobs, I think it's great. I have had online jobs since January 1st and Paypal is great at accepting money from other companies and doing money transfers. They always deliver my money to my bank on time--I haven't haven't had any issues thus far; I love it.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Exactly. When I used to use Paypal for online selling, I had issues because some people on eBay will purposely report an item as bad so that they can get their money back from Paypal and keep the item for free because there was actually nothing wrong with the item, they just wanted it for free.

So PayPal is great and convenient for receiving payment for online work and paid task sites, but it sucks for selling on eBay, because they always take the side of the customer, which allows buyers to rip you off and get free items.

4. Gamrpro

GamrproMember

Threads:
    I hated PayPal so much for a few days. But then I called them to fix the problem I was having and I felt so happy. I think all of our hate for Paypal can be resolved.

5. Kam735

Kam735Member

Threads:
    No never. I like most Paypal because I feel Secure whenever i transfer my fund.

6. elenaboss79

elenaboss79New Member

Threads:
    Not sure that I "hate" it. But sometime without any obvious reason they hold money I get as pending balance, two payments made in few days difference, first on hold and second available instantly. When I ask why is that answer was unclear. I'm not new there and that wasn't first payment I receive. Agree with Parker that they are "necessary evil".

7. sjohnst77

sjohnst77New Member

Threads:
    I've experienced that same annoyance. It should be a quick transaction between the seller and the buyer. There's not need for PayPal to hold onto someones money for more than a few hours in between transactions. Although it is much safer rather than not having a middle man in between the purchaser and seller.

8. Caprio

CaprioMember

Threads:
    I would say the same thing. It's just Sweet Poison.Had problems with them but i just have to bend down low. Got no other better option

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't stand PayPal, they are shady as hell. It's gotten so bad, that I tried to call them to dispute some problems with my account and their *technical support line* greeted me by saying that I had won some "free vacation" then made me sit through this several minute sales pitch about it. When I declined the offer, they made me sit through it *AGAIN* just to make sure I wasn't interested, then finally they *tell me to call another number for actual support THEN HUNG UP ON ME!*. Are you freaking serious PayPal?! They interrupt a support call to try and cross sell me some crap, then don't even provide me any support and just freaking hang up on me, telling me to call a completely different number and sit on hold all over again.

10. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've only ever used it as payment for online jobs, really and I've never had problems with that. I've heard sellers have a hell of a time, though.

11. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I just never had any kinds of money with PayPal thus far so I have no reason to dislike it.
    I just like having this program because it gave me so many opportunities whether it is selling online or earning money online, I just can't hate this program even if I tried at this point. I'm really so thankful for it!

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm thankful they hold my money before transferring to my bank account. It used to bother me until I got hacked and that hold kept the person from cleaning me out.

13. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    No, why would I hate paypal? The only reason they decide to limit, or hold your money is because you did something wrong. If you had the proof they asked for, I don't see why people would be worried. It's their fault, not paypal.

14. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    I love Paypal as a buyer, but I really hate having to receive things by it since people can just get the money back without much of a problem. Luckily I use it as a buyer more than anything else.

15. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    No, I love PayPal! It is thanks to them that I have been able to earn an income online since 2007. I can understand why some people dislike them but I think if it wasn't for PayPal we would not have the other alternatives for them to jump ship to. :)

16. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't used to trust paypal because of some stuff my friends told me, but after trying it out because i didn't had another way at the time, i am pretty impressed with their service. Still waiting for that disappointing moment that i hope it will never come.

17. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Be extra careful when making purchases with PayPal. If you have multiple accounts associated with your Paypal account, such as your banking account, and some credit cards - it will always default to your bank account for payment. There is no permanent way to disable this. With every purchase, you have to manually change the payment source before checking out. Otherwise they will automatically attempt to keep billing the wrong account repeatedly. Worse yet, they won't do anything to stop these attempts - they claim its automated and there is nothing they can do about it. That is ridiculous. I can walk into any department store and have a cashier fix a payment method, but this multi million dollar company can't?

18. Dolson910

Dolson910Member

Threads:
    I don't use Paypal as a seller, but as a buyer I love Paypal! I love how quick and easy it is to use. I also love that I don't have to use a credit card and the funds come directly from my checking account. Their buyer protection is great too. There have been a couple of times when I have made purchases on Ebay and never received my items. I have never had any issues getting my money back.

19. NeliaDillahunty

NeliaDillahuntyNew Member

Threads:
    I think it is great. Paypal is pretty awesome in functionality.

20. erronousRogue

erronousRogueMember

Threads:
    It's a nice concept, but it amazes me how they manage to screw up the simplest of things at times. I mean, it's pretty simple. You use money to pay people and buy products from them. Yet 9 out of 10 times I encounter arbitrary error message number 72 B, get an "Unexpected error has occured" popup which cancels everything I was doing, and then I have to wait a week for customer support which then sends me an email message not even slightly related to my problem.

The worst is when you Google it, and see a thread with 234 posts describing the exact same issue, with no known fix and the PayPal rep either dismissing it, or saying "we'll look into it". Two and a half years ago.