Do you hate Paypal?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by classy_ally • Jun 11, 2012.

1. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I've never encountered that problem thank God. I think highly of PayPal and expect tons from them. My friend was banned for life from them because of a charge back. She had tons of proof proving her case but still lost.

Paypal will tend to side with the buyer regardless of any proof the seller has.

2. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Never had an issue with Paypal and I've been using it for years. I guess I am just luckier than most people in this regards.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't why I should hate paypal. Their services are OK, if you have issues, customer service is always responds quite fast. It's so much better than an online payment service which when I forgot my password and requested them to help me retrieve [the password] were quite insulting in their response and for that reason I'd prefer paypal over any other online payment service.

4. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like PayPal. I have never had an problem with them in over 5 years of using them regularly, so there is no reason why would I not like them. :)

5. Kathy1112

Kathy1112New Member

Threads:
    I love Paypal. I was weary of them from all the negativity they receive but I (knock on wood) haven't had any problems with them. If I email them or message them on facebook they get right back to me and answer any questions I have. I know they get really negative comments from those who have them combined with Ebay. I personally would stay away from that side of it.

6. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really hate paypal. I mean it hasn't given me any issues so far. I think it's a pretty good free service and I really have no complaints with it. It's easy to register, easy to manage and it's user friendly for whenever you want to use it to make payment online or to transfer funds to your local bank. I'm satisfied with the service really.

7. Teens In Crisis

Teens In CrisisMember

Threads:
    I love paypal. I think the fees are a bit stupid, but it's not really that much. I have been using them for a long time, I would say almost since they started offering this service. I have never really had any issues with them, except for the fact that it was my fathers account, and when he passed away I couldn't simply switch it over to my name. I didn't want to have to continue switching all the sites I use it for, so I just kept it the way it is, they don't seem to mind, and I still get paid. No biggie.

8. Athena02

Athena02Member

Threads:
    I never really had any issue with Paypal. The option is available on all the websites I use, and getting refunds has always been easy. My only complaint would be that it can be hard to get a refund if you bought a digital product. I guess the only people that would hate Paypal are those that had issues with it in the past.

#88Oct 30, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  9. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I hate them because they did not side with me on the almost 300 dollars I lost (which was bad enough that I had been scammed by Ebay seller years ago and never got the money back). I did get to put up the site for sale that the service made me but I don't see how it's going to sell. They are not as bad as Comcast but it's like they are trying to be that bad. Obviously if the site sells then there won't be a problem anymore but it's not looking good to me.

10. maryannballeras

maryannballerasMember

Threads:
    I have been using Paypal for quite a while now and so far, I haven't experienced any problem with it yet. I hope that I don't get to experience one, of course! All of my transactions with Paypal were descent and it all went smooth. I usually withdraw money from Paypal and when I do, there's a disclaimer saying that transferring the funds to my bank account might take as long as 2-4 business days. But I get them within just two days. Maybe I'm just lucky, I don't know.