Do You Have A Aluminium Roof Over Concrete Roof?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by luckycharm • Jan 9, 2017.

1. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Nowadays it is a trend to set another metal roof (mostly aluminium) over the existing concrete roof. I think this is a good thing to do if you have a budget for that. The most important benefit is that it increases the life time of concrete roof as it is protected from climatic changes. We can also use this place as a store room or a cloth drying area. If your terrace is large enough you can also use it for indoor gaming. So in short it gives an extra layer of protection for your house and also can be used for various purposes.

Do you think it's wise to spend money on metal roofing?

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is the first time I’ve heard of aluminum sheet over concrete roofing. And if the aluminum can indeed protect the concrete for a longer life then I guess that is a good idea. Our kitchen’s roof is concrete, a thin roofing of only 2 and a half inches. That certainly calls for protection since the thin concrete may easily crack. That concrete roof was erected in 2010 and I am anticipating that it will have some problems in the future. And this idea of an aluminum shield may be the answer to erase my worries.