Do You Have A Brand Loyalty?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by moondebi • Mar 15, 2017.

1. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    As a customer, I’m not quite loyal to brands. If price and performance of a product look convenient, I go for that.

However, humans are, by nature, resistive to changes. So, when it comes to choose some daily-use household items like toothpaste, soap, facial cream, detergent powder etc.... it is the same old story. Unless something really interesting surfaces, I stick to the same brands.

Are you loyal to brands for most of your buys?

2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    We have been conditioned to a product's name since we're kids and my parents used to buy such products like Colgate for the toothtaste, Camay for a bathroom soap, BIC for the ballpen, among others.

And we have found them nothing wrong. Their products are well-guaranteed as far as its usability or efficaciousness. I think there's nothing to patronize those brand by my family, this generation and the coming generation.

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have brand loyalty either. I always try new brands whenever possible, even if it's a new one especially cheaper ones. I've had used several brands that I really like whether it's an appliances or food brands. I do buy a certain brand whenever I go to the grocery and whenever there's a new product that I got interested in, I don't hesitate to try it :)

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Neither do I, I buy what I can afford these days. I shop at Walmart when it first opened here in Hawaii and bought a lot of their store brand. I found that store brands or generic brands are just as good quality as brand name, so I now save money and get what I need with generic brands. I buy brand names too when they are on sale too. Love sales to save money!

5. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't really say I am loyal to particular brands even though there are makes I sometimes prefer over others but my most driving desire is the quality and durability of the item I am buying. When it comes to computers, I like going for HP brand, though my very first was not HP but since I tried HP I liked the experience.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to smartphones, my only brand is Apple. So my answer is "Yes". ;)

I've been an Apple user for many years, and have always enjoyed (and still enjoy) the products and the support they manufacture / offer. Despite the expensive prices of their products I feel that I'm paying for something of extreme quality (and this is absolutely important to me).

7. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I like Xenforo forum software. Note, even though it might be true that Burning Boards or Invasion Power Boards will work just as well, I'm used to XenForo. Note, also Burning Boards is cheaper, but despite the savings, and assuming there is no possibility of getting a 2nd hand XenForo license, I'd still rather go with XenForo.

8. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Nope, I've never really been a brand slave for most things. I'm always trying new ones to try to get the best value. If something is on sale, I'm likely to give it a try over other brands.

I like a lot of the Aldi products, but that's just a store brand, so I'm not sure if that counts or not.

There are only a couple things that I can think of right now that I am particular about when it comes to the brand name. I definitely like Oil of Olay products. They are the best skin products for me personally. I have a good assortment of them, and I will continue to buy them as long as they keep making them.

Oh, I also swear by Watkins' Petro-carbo medicated first aid salve. This stuff is great for lots of minor injuries, scrapes, bug bites, irritations, etc.

9. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    Same as you, I don't quite loyal to any brands, but I have a few favorite brands when I shop for the daily-use stuff. Those are my favorites because I think they are suitable for me and the price are reasonable, so I will choose among those few and see which is the cheapest when I need to buy them. Sometimes I might try a new brand to find out whether it's good for me too.

10. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I do not have a particular brand I stick to when I buy phones but I find that many people around use a particular brand of mobile phone. This makes me think that probably may rank as one of the best brands of phones out there in the market, I am talking about Samsung. Now I am looking to get a new phone soon and maybe considering that popular brand.

11. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to electronic items, then yes, I tend to purchase the same brands that have satisfied me with their quality and durability. As for clothes, food, shoes, etc. then I will always try out various brands according to what I feel like buying at the moment to compare those products against each other to determine which is better.

12. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever i intend on buying something regardless of it's type, i always have a couple of brands that i prioritize since i feel that they offer high quality products for a reasonable price, but i wouldn't go as far as neglecting the other brands.

13. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    They say people are no longer loyal to a certain brand but they do get used to the way they engage with brand offers. If people do not get what they want today,you will hear about it on social media ,thats for sure. You can't just speak at somebody today,but you must speak to them because people know the difference.