Do you have a budget for your clothing and shoes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by schomeearnings • Dec 22, 2012.

1. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    I have to admit; I am a plus size woman. With plus size clothing to get the best quality you have to pay a little more money. Now, my favorite store to shop at is Simply Fashion's they have nice affordable clothing. The only drawback is the fact that they sometimes seem to tare at the seam(but are always can be sewn back up), mostly the shirts. So on my budget you see I take the cheaper route. Also when you go shopping do you have a certain amount that you know you are wanting to spend or go over. I ask because for the Holidays, I saw some really unique Heels and I had a budget set and the shoes were $45.99 and I knew I only had one thing to wear with them, so in the back of my mind I was thinking, if I get these shoes I really love, I will be disappointed because I can get at least 3 pair at another store that I like, so I decided not to get them. So have you ever made a decision like that when it comes to your shopping? Do you even have a budget?

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I actually have a budget for everything. I have passed on several things I like because they would take up too much of my budget, but I have also splurged on some things because I had extra in the budget. It can be disappointing, but I can usually find a cheaper alternative if I take the time to look.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a budget for clothing, shoes and accessories. I just buy as needed or when I see a good deal. I do have a maximum amount I will spend on items. If an item is pricey, I will save up to buy it.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I do have a budget, yes.

With your example, though, I can definitely relate. I can think from that practical side that "gah, I can get 3 times as much with more practical items somewhere else." It's okay to splurge sometimes, though. I build in a little bit of "fun money" into my budget so that I don't have to always tell myself no. Those 'splurge' shoes may last year for many years considering how little you would wear them, but in that time, you're always going to have a pair that you find sexy or fun or whatever else, sitting in the closet, ready to go when you are.

5. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    For certain I have a budget. It's often extremely low. As in I can't even afford a pair of pants once every six months low. But I like it that way. It means I need to work harder to make my wardrobe last. This means getting creative about outfit combinations and also wearing the clothing I buy instead of letting it pile up in the closet.

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes I have a budget also for clothes and shoes, I try to shop sales to make the budget go as far as it can. Shoes are hard for me, I have a hard to fit foot so it is pretty hard to get a good paid at a good price. I hope to get shoes and boots this after Christmas sale season, that will fit into my budget.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes often enough for me to create a budget for them. I only buy things when I discover a need, and then I work it into my existing budget for everything else.

8. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    The quality clothes always requires some extra budget. I'm not used to having money set aside exclusively for such expenses but that's an idea to consider. In fact, I don't buy many clothes throughout the year, I'm pretty easy to dress. However, the reasons that you give this topic have a lot of sense. Maybe I'm commenting on a space for women, but doesn't matter ... As for the shoes I must make a significant investment. My shoe size is great and that is why I don't get shoes with baggy prices.

9. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I always have a budget to go by when I am shopping for clothes or shoes. I will find something in my closet that I can mix with something and then I go shopping for a new scarf or a belt or blouse and match all that up with a pair of my old shoes and everyone thinks it new. You have to know how to switch it up and make it new again. So my budget would be maybe $20.00 if that.

10. Sallyjames

SallyjamesNew Member

Threads:
    If you are asking for a particular occasion it is just not answerable, but for casual you can wear skirts and light shaded tops which can add more good looks to your personality.

11. Yuvastyleindia

YuvastyleindiaMember

Threads:
    It is depend on the people whether they have a budget for clothes or not. But one can manage the budget by trying to save as possible as they can. Online stores are providing clothes and shoes at affordable price. They are also providing the facility of EMI for those who cannot afford such price. So now a days all things are being affordable to purchase.

12. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I don't really have a budget for clothes and shoes - I just buy as and when I need it, or when I see a real bargain. I buy most of my stuff from Spanish street markets, and I pay very little for clothes and shoes. Even leather shoes often work out at less than 15 Euro ($20) because they're made locally. And I never pay much more than 10 Euro ($13) for a dress, skirt or top. I don't tend to wear fashionable clothes - I prefer classic styles, so they come out cheaper.

13. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do set myself a budget for clothes shopping but sometimes the budget goes up, haha. I originally set myself a limit of 200 pounds for my January sales shopping and that has now doubled. I've already spent 100 and I will probably spend much more.

14. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I shop for shoes as needed and I buy practical ones that go with everything. If things are going well from a financial standpoint and all my basics are covered, I may splurge on a pair I like just because I like them; after all, what's the point of working if you can't buy something for yourself every so often? When it comes to clothing, I also buy what I need as needed.

15. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I hate budgeting. I don't mind going without sometimes, but I don't like when I can't get what I want ever. So, I usually put aside some money each pay period and let it add up. That way if I see something I like I can just buy it on the spot.

16. untitled

untitledMember

Threads:
    I never budget for anything, but I do tend to stop buying clothes when I have less money. I guess you could call that a form of budgeting:)

17. jane211

jane211Member

Threads:
    I don't budget as such but I certainly shop around. I am being more careful with my money recently and I am enjoying shopping around and getting items at the best prices I can find.

I was recently looking for some new gym trousers. I found a pair on a shopping site in a sale for £19.00 but thought I'd do some more looking round before buying them.

In the end, I found some on eBay for 99p plus £2.70 for the postage. They are as good as new and one of the best bargains that I've picked up on eBay. I'll be looking on eBay before I go anywhere else from now on.

18. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I have a budget, and it's based on how much I have to spend, combined with what I really need at the time. I rarely go shopping in store because they don't have anything in my style, so my 95% of my shopping is done online. Shopping online gives me more time to think about my purchases and to decide if I'm really going to wear what I buy. Everything in my category of style is super expensive, so I compare prices on as many websites as possible so I can get more things for less.

I rarely go shopping without a budget, and if I do, it's generally for something that I really need (and even then I give myself a price range to stay in)

19. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I so sporadically buy clothes, shoes, etc that I don't have a strict budget for it. I'll buy as needed and I have a habit of talking myself out of a lot of purchases - today I even talked myself out of buying a basic pair of underwear! -shake head- In the same breath, I can also get really splurgey sometimes and buy multiple outfits in one day. I personally think that's a-okay, as long as it's not something you do all of the time!

20. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I am a shopping addict, i love shopping for things. But I don't have a budget for clothes and shoes, I know how get a bargain with things and I know how to shop cheap. I can make a cheap top or pants look like million bucks. I love unique things and i really don't like high priced flashy things, i have to really fall in love with it. Although i do buy branded things, i get them at a bargain though.