Do you have a budget for your clothing and shoes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by schomeearnings • Dec 22, 2012.

1. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I recently spent £350 on two jackets. One was a field jacket with a detachable goose down inner and the other was a lighter field jacket for the summer. I ended up selling both jackets back as they didn't fit right. The returns costs £34 in total. Live and learn, haha.

2. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    If I buy clothes, I put it as part of my "miscellaneous" spending for my monthly budget. I hardly buy clothes as it is, but if I do it'll only be on sale and at a time when I need it. I usually purchase clothes for myself in the spring time or end of summer. Also, I'll only spend a certain amount (I'd never spend more than $25 at one time to purchase shoes or a shirt or a pair of pants!)

3. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I never go shopping for clothes or shoes unless it is necessary. I only buy when there is a need so my budget would be very low then and I would fine things that are on sale to buy. You would be surprised at how you can save a lot of oney when you find those sales. I have so much that I haven't worn but maybe a few times so why be a pack rat. I love neatness in my house. The best time to shop is at the end of season anyway.

4. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    It is nice to know so many people budget for their clothes. With me when I go shopping I just go and look at price tags. I may say I do not want to spend more than $100 and so I would try to complete my shopping with that budget. I never have added my fun expenses and shopping expenses(for myself and husband) with the bill expenses. My husband does not Care about clothing and shoes. He is the type to wear his clothing until they rip or fall apart...lol. It was just crazy, because I just couldn't wrap the thought around paying $45.99 for a pair of shoes I may wear only one time! I did go back and they were on sale! I still haven't gotten them, but when I go back I definitely will if they are still there!

5. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:
    Finding clothes has never been an issue for me. I have my favorite stores: It's Fashion, Simply Fashion's, and Cato's. I usually go to Lane Bryant for undergarments because their quality is amazing. So the clothing is not an issue, I was just curious about budgeting, do to the fact that I wanted a pair of shoes that cost $45.99, but I knew I could get more shoes instead of getting one pair I would use only once or twice.

6. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I am a plus sized woman as well and I do have a budget when buying clothes and shoes. I normally shop online and I frequent sites such as ashleystewart.com (sales tab), 599fashions.com, 10dollarmall.com, 6pm.com, I could easily afford the items sold at these sites. I try not to spend more than $20 for a single item when purchasing clothing and shoes. I believe I spend more money on handbags than I do on clothing and shoes.

7. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I kinda of do and i kinda of do sometimes it depends on where i'm shopping it's more like i have a limit on how much i buy i'll go and be set on just getting two outfits or something i won't go over or even close to a 100 i guess my budget would be like 50 or under.

8. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I'm a plus size woman too and completely understand what you mean about paying more for that quality. I like the shop at Lane Bryant or Avenue for clothes and always hit the clearance section and use coupons. I just bought 2 sweaters, 1 pant for work, 2 shirts, and 1 cardigan sweater for work; all for $84 including tax.I think that's pretty good. My budget is always under $100 but ideally under $50 if I go shopping. I shop out of necessity 99% of the time.

9. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a strict budget for anything, but i always think it over carefully when purchasing clothing and shoes. I used to waste money on them.

10. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I have a strict budget.. especially when it comes to clothes.. and more so when it is mine. I always work around my budget and never go over board. I always have to make some quick decisions and end up not buying anything that will not fit into my budget. :/

11. keyword

keywordNew Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a budget for clothes and shoes because I don't buy often

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Me too. I don't have a set budget for clothes because they're my least important expense. If something wears out and needs replacing, I'll buy a new one. I was insanely fashionable in my early 20's and that contributed to my being broke all the time. If I had saved my money in my early 20's instead of trying to look cool and fabulous, that money would have made my late 20's easier as a new mother.

Now that I'm a mom in my 30's ,I'm more practical about clothes and just buy what I need.

13. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:

I have to agree with you, this is what I would do. If I go into a store, I will say, I don't want to spend over a certain amount. I went shopping over the weekend and I didn't want to go over $50 and I ended up spending $43. I got two outfits, two cover ups, and two pair of underwear. Of course I was on the Clearance rack, but I was very pleased! So I guess if you look at it this way it still is budgeting because we set limits, but we think alike when shopping!

14. schomeearnings

schomeearningsBanned

Threads:

It is nice to know that you can go into a store and have in your mind, what you do not want to go over because it makes you cost cautious of items. With me I try to set a number that I know I can get my monies worth. I think the only time I spend a lot of money on one outfit is if it is special event other than that I try to watch how and what I spend my money on. My limit is usually $50 but I have to go bra shopping I have to up it to $100, unless they have a buy one get one half off.

15. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    If I go shopping, I always carry a budget of 30-50 quid. No more no less, on that I can manage my expenses and wont overdo shopping as I can be a shopaholic sometimes.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes I also have a budget for clothes and shoes, and I won't mind buying clothes that aren't branded because for me quantity is better than quality, lol. But when it comes to shoes, I'm a bit picky when it comes to quality, so I'd always go for the more expensive one over the cheap one. You'll never know, the cheap one might disintegrate when I'm out in public, lol.

17. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    For those of you who have a budget for your shopping, how often do you go shopping for clothes and shoes?

18. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I usually shop with a budget in mind. The budget usually is like "don't spend over $300 on both".
    I am really good at keeping this budget because I try to find my clothes and shoes on sale. Coupons are also something I have with me so staying in this budget is never a problem. I always feel great when I have a lot left over because I splurge on something more higher end. I love my system and it works well for me so far.

19. vshah1585

vshah1585Banned

Threads:
    I always make budget for my shopping. It prevents me from buying unnecessary things.

20. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I shop for clothes and shoes on a monthly basis and I make sure that I stick to my budget for that. I go to thrift stores and go for cheap but good finds. I sometimes go to the mall as well but only when stuff are on sale.