Do You Have A Favorite Brand And Type Of Pen?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by sidney • Apr 11, 2014.

1. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Pilot G-Tech C4 is one of my favorite pens. I've been using it since I was in high school. Although it's a bit costly, the good thing is you can just keep the body and buy refills whenever the ink runs out. Refills are a lot cheaper than the entire pen. The C4 type has an ultra fine point and what I like about it is that it has a smooth effect and doesn't clog up like the cheaper types.

2. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I still like Parker pens. I use them for special writings. For other, everyday writing, I like to use Pilot pens. I like the grip, and they don't leak and smudge. I don't use felt pens because I can't control the ink, and they get messy.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a favorite type of pen, per se. Actually, I am sure that I do? But I am just not familiar, or I don't pay enough attention to the brands, to have noticed which pen was which over the years. My friend has a favorite pen though. The brand is Zebra, and she often complains about the angle of the parker being a little bit awkward? But a lot of the other Zebra pens are great to write with.

4. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I used to collect Gelly Roll pens. I’ve still got a few from years back that write beautifully, but I ran the ink out on the majority of them. As far as I know, I can only buy them online these days, but apparently they’re still quite popular with scrapbookers.

Aside from that, I like the Pentel R.S.V.P. as well. Can’t really think of any others, though I do know I prefer a pen with a thinner body in general.

5. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't. I have a friend who swears by his expensive pens, but I rarely do any hand writing, so I just use any pen that's around. I haven't actually spent money on pens for at least 8 years now, I only use promotional pens and stuff, since they are dime a dozen and I really don't need anything better for what I do.

6. kristin

kristinNew Member

Threads:
    I absolutely agree with you. I find that .5mm is a good size for handwriting. The smaller mm also helps if you have to write in spaces that are cramped. Zebra pens are my favorite. I finds that they do not cut out as much when you are writing. Although I think that any gel pen tends to solve that problem. Jtown in San Francisco offers .25 mm because they are awesome for writing in character.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    True, I own a gel pen now. They don't smear as much too as compared to those liquid sign pens. And gel pens are quite cheaper too than sign pens, which is a good thing.

8. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    My father loved to buy Parker brand pens, and this brand was my favorite until I discovered Bic pens (Bic Crystal) by the time I was attending high school.

Touted as the pen that never fails no matter if you are writing down while being upside down or floating in the outer space, this pen has proven me that this is for real.

Bic has never failed me up to date, but I must say that I prefer the medium point when it comes to handwriting, because even with Bic, fine point is not my kind of pen.