Do You Have A Favorite Brand Of Facial Wash?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by sidney • Apr 11, 2015.

1. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a favorite brand per se, I just use what is given to me. I was given Clean & Clear, Cetaphil and Oilatum, so that's what I have used so far. I'm actually quite content to just wash my face with soap and water, because I don't really see any difference between the two. I see no adverse effect with the regular soap. How about you? Are you particular with what you use to wash your face or you just wash them with regular bath soap?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use bath soap unless there is nothing else, for example if I was traveling and my luggage was lost. I like Cetaphil, but I do prefer foaming cleansers like Neutrogena. I don't spend too much on my products as it is on and off, but these days you get good cleansers quite cheaply.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am very particular because I am very big on skin care. I think it stems from me having suffered a lot with acne over the years, which I only managed to get rid of a few years ago. I love my Dermalogica Clearing Skin Wash. It's a little pricey but lasts forever because you only need a little. I absolutely adore it and hope I'm never without it LOL I also like anything with zinc and sulphur for their skin repairing and zit zapping properties, respectively :)

4. yamazakura

yamazakuraNew Member

Threads:
    I love 100% Pure's Organic Argan Oil Creamy Cleanser. The blood orange scent is so great.

It is marketed toward those with dry skin, but it makes my oily skin calm down and stop producing excess oil. I like the effects of regular oil cleansing, but I don't always have time to do it, and it can be messy. This cleanser gives the benefits of oil cleansing, but it just looks like a regular liquid cleanser.

I used to just use regular bar soap on my face and thought it was fine, but after a while I noticed that my skin got overly dry and then very oily by the middle of the day. I'm so much happier with my skin now that I pay more money for a nicer cleanser.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @yamazakura@yamazakura, I have not used expensive facial wash apart from Pond's and what I have just mentioned in my 1st post, and to think that the largest Cetaphil container I find expensive already. Does it really make a difference when it comes to controlling oil on the skin? If yes, then I have yet to find that out.

6. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't take care of my skin when I was younger, so I am now paying the price! In my search to find a good cleanser for my face, I've been most pleased with Origins products. I've tried several and finally found one that seems to work well. I have an oily T-zone, so their oil-free cleanser works really well. It's a bit on the pricier side, but a bottle lasts a long time, even washing twice a day, and my skin is improving, so I think it's worth the cost.

7. professionaltightwad

professionaltightwadMember

Threads:
    I love the Oil of Olay classic foaming face wash. It leaves my skin feeling so soft. It's reasonably priced (averaging $4) and there is almost always coupons available. I won't be buying it too soon now, though, as I stocked up this past Saturday at CVS.

I ended up with 10 cleansers that were essentially free. My store didn't have 10 of the same kind, so I bought 2 each of several kinds, including three kinds of the towelettes. I may have a new favorite by the time I've tried them all.

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although I like Cetaphil, the product isn't compatible with my skin type. I've used it a number of times but the results weren't favorable. I currently use Pond's Anti-Bacterial and compared to other facial wash variants under Pond's, it's more effective in preventing pimples. I also use an Asian soap brand that's marketed mostly in Southeast Asia called Beauche. I hardly have pimples and blackheads these days thanks to that product.

9. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use a facial wash. I started making my own soap some years ago and I've found that my skin loves the soap I make. Which is so good because my skin has always been very sensitive to different products on the market and I never really found one that worked for me. I just found some that worked better than others, which isn't good enough if you ask me.
    I do like to keep a little witch hazel around, though; and will use that on a round of cotton sometimes in the summer months along with my soap.

10. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I have sampled many different brands of face wash but I've found, at least for me, that you just can't go wrong with classic Clean and Clear facial wash. I also use their water based moisturizer which I absolutely love!

11. yamazakura

yamazakuraNew Member

Threads:
    I find that oil- based cleansers really do make a difference when it comes to controlling my skin's oil production. I don't think it is necessary to spend a lot of money if you don't want to. Lots of people just use inexpensive non-comedegenic oils to cleanse with.

For me, using an oil-based cleanser followed by a moisturizer keeps oil under control so much more than a gel-type "oil control" cleanser ever did. The oil cleanser seems to trick my skin into deciding there is no need to produce any more oil.

12. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I am very big on skin care I have a facial routine. I am a big fan of aveeno products there are scrubs,washes, and other items in this product line. It keeps my face clear of any dirt or even when I'm removing make-up. I try to keep my skin cleansed and washed in morning and even at night I used a night cream for moisture.

13. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes! My absolute favorite Skincare brand is Kiehl's. I love them, they are very reputable and known for their amazing skin care. Their products are mild and gentle, fragrance free and hypoallergenic. My skin is super sensitive so that is always a good thing. For a more affordable brand, I also enjoy Olay and Aveeno.

14. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    I think it would be Neutrogena because it sounds so beautiful when pronounced. The product itself is not recognized by my skin doctor(s), who often try to prescribe things that they consider "very light" to the skin. I don't use products that I don't really need, when it comes to my skin regimen. I have used Clean & Clear, Biore, Clearasil (prescription) and a few others that are hypoallergenic. There are brands that friends and family members have made me to look at: Oilum, Marie Claire and Clinique. They're all wonderful and relatively fair priced, but up to this day I still perceive Neutrogena to be my favorite brand.

15. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Hate to be the outcast here but clinique works the best for me. Right now I'm using a shea butter blend but I'm currently having a major acne problem. Store brands either do nothing or make it worse.

16. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have a "favorite" brand per se. I just have a brand that I commonly use because I grew accustomed to it. But if there are going to be better brands out there in terms of what it can do for my facial skin, with a great product performance to product price ratio then I'm not going to hesitate to change my facial wash. In the meantime though, I'm very comfortable with what brand I use.

17. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My other favourite is a Benzoyl Peroxide face wash that I use in conjunction with the face gel. For some reason, I've been getting a few breakouts lately, and I'm having to go back to the Benzoyl Peroxide as it's cheaper than my trusty Dermalogica. It's still a little pricey, but it's cheaper. Anyone with stubborn acne should give it a try. I know it's cheaper in the UK, for both the face wash and gel I used to pay just under £10!

18. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tend to use Neutrogena or Olay facial products. I have used both over the years, and have never had an issue. I have sensitive skin that leans toward the dry end of the spectrum, and although I've tried some pricier products, I haven't found them to be superior to the standard grade products. I don't like anything that makes my face feel oily, so prefer lighter products that give off a silky feel.

19. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I use "Simple", which is a relatively cheap brand of skin products. I have tried many other brands in the past, some of which cost a lot of money, however I have always found that this brand is by far the best, and I am able to get it without having to pay a lot of money on it, which is even better. I love value skincare, and it does the job just as well as anything else - or so I have found, anyway!

20. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I love Neutrogena for foaming facial washes. It has a nice pleasant scent and is not harsh on your face. It leaves your face feeling clean and soft. Once a week I'll use a facial scrub. I like to use the apricot facial scrub from St. Ives. I always look for these products when they go on sale and buy several of them. I find facial/beauty products can get very costly. I've tried Clinique products and they are fantastic but I just find them too expensive.