Do You Have A Favorite Brand Of Milk?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Zyni • Feb 16, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you have a favorite brand of milk or do you just buy whatever is on sale? I usually just buy what's on sale at the local stores, or grab some extra when I go to Aldi's, which is the cheapest one of all. I do know people who will only buy one certain brand of milk. They refuse to try anything else. Is there really that much difference? I haven't noticed a difference, so I just get the cheapest. What about you?

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to buy fresh, low fat milk in bottles over cartons. The 2l bottles tend to be cheaper if you do the math. As for brand in my opinion there is little difference between them, unless you are buying the farm-fresh variety.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not really. When it comes to milk, I prefer local brands that my family has been using for a number of years now. Rest assured, though, that Nestle brand milk products are always a mainstay in our list. My parents implicitly trust the brand, having used Nestle since childhood.

4. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    There was a time when Oberweiss would deliver the glass bottles to your door & we're not talking 1950s we're talking the 90's. That really makes you think what we could be capable of. At this point I would love a situation where i do not have to pay per visit to a grocery for my milk & rather have them deliver said milk.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't have a favorite brand of milk. I usually just get whatever is cheapest, but I also tend to judge a bit based on the packaging. If the packaging is nice then I'm more likely to trust their product since I can feel they put some effort into making it look good. If not then I'd probably go for something that has better design even if it is slightly more expensive.

6. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    As an avid drinker of milk, I tend to buy milk only by the gallon. A gallon of milk usually lasts me a week, so it is the only logical option I have. My favorite type of milk is lowfat 2%. I'm not sure of the health benefits of this, but I grew up always drinking this type of milk.

A bit off-topic here but always look for the milk behind other jugs. These tend to have a later expiration date, allowing you to have time to drink it. It has been a secret that my mother told me when I was young.

7. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I pretty much buy whatever is the cheapest brand of milk I can find. If one happens to be on sale that's whati would buy. For me milk is milk regardless of the brand so why spend more for a name brand. I do however, tend to try to buy only 2% milk as oppose to whole milk. Although, there are times when I have no other choice but to buy whole milk since its the only thing available at the convenience store that I am in.

8. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I always like to buy fresh milk rather than any other type, because the taste just isn't as good for any of the others. I will usually buy what is on sale, because it is much cheaper and means that I can save money that way. My family use quite a lot of milk, so it doesn't matter if the cheaper milk doesn't last as long, as we know that we're always going to be able to get it used before it goes out of date. So that's great. There are many things that you can do in order to save money, so you should always try to do everything that you can.

9. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    I almost never drink milk, and only buy it if I need it for a certain recipe, so I don't really have any favorite brand. I try to always buy organic milk, and the only organic milk they sell by me is Horizon or Natural Selections. I just get which ever is cheaper.

10. galmal

galmalMember

Threads:
    Where we live, there really isn't much choice. We're out in the sticks, so there's the Walmart brand, and maybe one other. I never look, just grab the store brand. I've never been able to see much difference. I also can't see paying the extra for organic.

11. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    For me, there are differences on each brand of milk in the grocery stores. Some are creamier, smooth and sweeter, other are just bland and somewhat thin in texture. The brand that I usually go for is the former because I like my milk creamy especially when it goes with cereals or cookies. Sometimes if I am on a tight budget, I go for the cheaper ones also.

12. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I used to drink lots of milk when I was growing up until I realized that I was lacto-intolerant. I don't miss milk to be honest, but getting away from the bloating, the flatulence and the bad digestion has been a godsend.

13. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite brand of milk is the one which is the cheapest in the store! All milk is the same to me and as long as it is semi-skimmed, I'm happy.

14. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    No I don't have a favourite brand of milk at all. I find here in Ireland it tastes pretty much the same. I must admit I don't like full fat milk though, I tend to just buy semi skimmed.

15. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't have any favorite type of milk at all. I actually buy the cheapest most of the time. But I'm open to try other brands too to see if there's any difference. I actually prefer to buy chocolate milk instead of regular milk because it's more tasty.

16. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I do not drink cows milk because of the steroids and puss they find in it. I prefer Silk brand soy, almond or coconut milks. It is pricier so I try to get it on sale or find coupons. The thought of drinking puss seriously grosses me out and I can't stomach cows milk at all.

17. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never liked cow's milk as a kid. Later in life I found out that I was lactose intolerant. So, obviously I don't buy any dairy milk. Instead I like to drink soy milk, nut milk and sesame milk. I used to buy all my different types of preferred milk at health food stores. But a couple of years ago I invested in a food processor and now create my own milk at home.

18. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Where I live, most people, including myself don't buy milk from stores. Almost everyone has a few dairy cattle so you get your milk straight from them. When your cows aren't producing milk then you get your milk from the neighbor. If I was to move back to town, which is unlikely that's when I'd probably start thinking about brands.

19. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm like the OP, I just go for what's selling at the cheapest price at the time. I mainly go for semi skimmed UHT milk so that it lasts for longer. In terms of taste, I don't really see any difference. Once in a blue moon, I used to spoil myself and get this really creamy and gorgeous fresh milk from Sainsbury's. I think it was Devonshire (can't quite remember the brand); a little pricey.

20. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    Yes i do have a favourite brand of milk. it is available locally and i'm not sure it is famous international. it is called nandini. I usually have it because of the amount of fat that is available in the milk. it is quite high and also the milk is very fresh and healthy.