Do you have a favorite cult classic movie?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Esperahol • Aug 26, 2012.

1. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    Some of my favorites right there too. I also enjoy films like apocalypse now, the thing, and all horror movies especially zombies and gore. :D

2. Terri

TerriMember

Threads:
    My cult classic movie would have to be The Craft. I absolutely love that movie. When I was a teen and rather interested in the occult and the magic arts, that movie was so entertaining and informative. The actress who played Nancy is actually a practicing wiccan, and they also had a wiccan correspondent on the set. The movie did well, but it wasn't considered the greatest flick by everyone, but to me it will be an all-time cult classic! :)

3. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite movie ever is also a cult classic. It made 0 impact in theaters but then became a huge success shortly after it made it to DVD....The Boondock Saints.

4. thc101mc

thc101mcNew Member

Threads:
    Of course I have, it's pretty old but it's one of my favorite movies it comes to Moratl Combat first part .. I'm a big fan of the MK I've seen all the movies, series etc. eagerly waiting for 2013 to come new Mortal Combat Rebirth

5. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Hey I remember that film! It's been years since I've seen it, but it was a great piece of entertainment. Of course, I sometimes find myself measuring the few other witch/coven movies against it.

6. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    For some reason, "Singin' in the Rain'" is considered a cult classic. This possibly my favorite cult classic of all-time. "Office Space" is also another favorite of mine, but it's been a while since I've seen it so I don't know if I'd still enjoy it. "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" is one of the best horror flicks of all-time and is definitely a classic cult classic.

7. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oh, I actually still have to see Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I saw the first remake, and I didn't really hate it, but I've heard most fans of the original hate it. Still, it seemed OK to me, and I usually hate all modern slashers. :)

8. Syd Arthur

Syd ArthurNew Member

Threads:
    I'm not quite sure if it is a cult film but I think it is, one of my favourite films is Brasil by Terry Gilliam. Genius storytelling, dark and twisted thought provoking and culturally relevent! I also love Clockwork Orange, Amelie, Alfie (the original of course), Up The Junction, Quadraphenia, Annie Hall, La Dolce Vita and many many more.

9. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Clockwork Orange was fine, but I suppose I would have liked it better had I not read the book previously. As for Alfie I didn't mind the remake, but then again I and a friend kept up a running commentary relayed to the lead and his uh particular type-casting.

10. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw the first Mortal Kombat in the theater when it came out. I've seen the others on cable but I still like the first Mortal Kombat movie the best. I also like the song that plays at the end when Liu Kang is saying goodbye to his brother's spirit, Halcyon and On and On by Orbital.
    They used that song in Hackers too.

11. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just thought about another cult movie, though I'm not sure if it can be considered a classic.. Repo! The Genetic Opera. I love the OST specifially, and the fact that Ogre has a nice role there is a plus too :)

12. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    John Waters' "Female Trouble" is hilarious. I'm also a huge fan of "Xanadu", the movie and the soundtrack.

13. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mortal Kombat was great, but I don't think it could be called a cult movie. After all, it was pretty mainstream, done by a big studio and acclaimed director.. :)

14. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, Rocky Horror Picture show for sure. I even got my daughter so into it that she dressed as Dr. Frank N. Furter for Halloween last year. My mom saw her and immediately said, "Why are you dressed like a hooker?" LOL

15. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    This would be my list, in no particular order.
    1. The Matrix
    2. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
    3. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
    4. The Shining
    5. Terminator 2: Judgment Day
    6. Snatch.
    7. Shutter Island
    8. Inception
    9. The Dark Knight
    10. The Avengers

I like many movies, but these are some of my favorites.

16. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I like Repo, even if it I already knew how it was likely to run (Jude Law and Witherspoon's typecasts were big hints) but I don't know if I would consider it a cult classic.

17. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:

None of those are cult movies, man. With the exception of Snatch, they are all AAA movies that made huge impact upon release, with hundreds of millions of dollars in budget, and made huge income..

18. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Hey now! They may not be cult classics, but they still are loved by cults! Like the Cult of Nolan where you are not allowed to say one of his movies sucks or weren't completely perfect... especially if it's a Batman movie. Or the Cult of LOTR wherein you will be mauled by Nerdrage if you haven't read the Smilliaron which explains just everything! Or the Cult of Comicnerdom, the Cult of Explosions, et cetra.

19. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not sure if serious.. :D
    But yeah, I've found that a lot of people don't know what a "cult" movie actually is..

20. niceness8000

niceness8000Active Member

Threads:
    I don't know if it's considered a "cult Classic," but I am still a huge fan of the movie, "An American Werewolf In London." It's a movie that made a memorable impression on me when I first saw it, and now I can watch it over an over without getting bored.