Do you have a Five Below by you?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by dconklin • Apr 30, 2013.

1. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have purchased gifts from 5 Below often. We also go to 5 Below when we are going to the movies to get the snacks we need at the movies. I have teenage grandson's who like to go there when they have some money to spend.

2. rightct

rightctActive Member

Threads:
    When I visited USA, I did see a Five Below store around, but didn't quite bother to look into it more than 5 minutes ( pun intended ), because their products weren't quite selective. Of course, I'm aware it's more for teens and preteens, but even for them, the products are quite ephemeral. I wouldn't shop there even if I was still a teen. :)

3. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    There are a few by me. I am not crazy about them in particular. A lot of their items are very cheaply made and don’t last more than a use or two. I have bought a few snacks and books there. I also get some home exercise equipment such as dumbbells, a pilates ring and a weighted jump rope. They also have a lot of cards and gift wrapping at a good price.

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, and I was just looking at their brochure last night. I have one that is not extremely close to here...but is in the next county. I want to go up there soon as they have team logo gloves for 5 dollars and I want to get some for my nephew. They are more expensive everywhere else.

5. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    I have a five below about fifteen minutes away from me. Five below has some good deals on most of their items but there are a couple of things there that I can get cheaper. Overall this is one of my places to shop at for Christmas gifts especially for my son.

6. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    There is no Five Below store in this city, but I remember when the first Waldo's here opened its doors many years ago, precisely advertising to have unbeatable prices that not even Five Below could offer.

While I can't say without having visiting a five store ever, what I can truly comment is that Waldo's is not longer selling any cheap as they used to do in the past.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:No Five Below in Hawaii yet. From what I've been reading it sounds great. Hope they open a bunch here in Hawaii for we need a lot of stores to help us live for the cost of living is so high:( here in Hawaii.

8. erbmusic

erbmusicNew Member

Threads:
    I do have a Five Below near my house. It is a great store and I love that everything is $5 or less. I have gotten good pencils, notebooks, and paper there. It is a great place to get neat white elephant gifts for a party.

9. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    I love the store, but I have a lot of problems with it. I don't think that they clearly mark the prices on most of their merchandise. I know that it's all under five dollars, but too many times I had gotten to the register thinking I had got a $2-$3 item and it rang up $5. I mention that it was marked wrong on the shelf or something and they are always rude about it.

10. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    We have a 5 below and I love it! Great for kids gifts and snacks and all that :). I've never had a problem with the staff at either of ours, they seem pretty friendly and competent. I don't really have any complaints about the store, honestly, except that I end up finding more that I want than I planned on xD.

11. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    Five & Below is a great store to shop for gifts, especially for teenagers. They usually have trendy t shirts, cosmetics, sports teams items, and other fun things to give as gifts. I like shopping there for sandals and flats, as they are inexpensive and last for the entire season. I am always surprised by their large selection of children's books and games, as well as their technology items, such as phone and tablet cases, screen protectors, chargers, and lots more. The store always keeps a seasonal section as well, with season-relevant items. It's a fun place to shop!

12. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    I would like to point out that when every other store in our area was sold out of Shopkins this Christmas season, Five Below was fully stocked. They had tonssss. Though, they were more expensive there than at other stores, but it was worth it because it was one of the main things that my daughter was asking for.

13. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have one that is not too far away, as a matter of fact I bought a couple of Christmas presents there. Some of their stuff is a little junky, but not everything. I have impressed with some of their offerings...but you can be sure that 99 percent of the store carries items made in China. Oh well, what are you going to do?

14. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have a Five Below near me but have not been to this one. I have been to one in Ohio when I went to visit some family there. I loved it. It was pretty decent sized store and they had a lot of items to look at. I was so surprised at some of the cute things they had there for $5 or less. I would definitely agree that it is a good place to find stocking stuffers and other small items for birthday parties and gifts. If I could ever remember to go there, I would probably spend way more than I need to.