Do you have a stockpile from using coupons?

Discussion in Coupons started by randee555 • Mar 11, 2014.

1. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    I have a stockpile in my pantry and I owe it to coupons, good sales, and clearances. I can no longer put anything else into my pantry because all my shelves are full of toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, etc. I haven't done well with foods and coupons because none of my local stores double or triple coupons so it's hard to build up a stockpile of food but I do have lots of other products. Do you have a stockpile and if so how big is it and did coupons contribute to it.

2. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    Yup, I do, and I want more! We have tons of shampoo, razors, toothpaste, toothbrushes, hair products (like the Garnier cream that I put in my hair), etc. We also have lots of side dish-type foods, like stuffing and macaroni and cheese, and we have tons of canned goods. Oh yeah, and we have like a dozen big bottles of laundry detergent that I got a really good deal on, and we have like 50 bags of dog treats as well. I love looking at my stockpile and knowing that I was able to get everything really cheap or free.

3. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have the storage space for that. I also don't seem to find coupons for the stuff I buy. I started getting the Sunday paper to be able to get the coupons and save on grocery shopping, but there was nothing there I could use. After a few weeks I stopped getting the paper. Now I just check the store ads before I go out.

4. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have the room to store anything. I wish I did, but I live in an old house built in the 40's. There are no closets to store anything. Plus, I am like ChannellG, I can never find the coupons for the products I actually use. The stores around me never double or triple the coupons either to save alot of money or get an item for free. I wish they would though!

5. mercantile519

mercantile519Member

Threads:
    We always have extra toilet paper, paper towels, feminine hygiene products and canned goods. Other than that, we don't really have the space to stockpile every single thing we use. I'll be moving soon, and we're going to have a HUGE pantry off the kitchen that I'll be able to fill up! I'm looking forward to it

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have had stockpiles in the past due to couponing but my stockpile has been picked over ever since I moved out away from my ex and became a single parent. It's harder to spend time couponing and matching up deals when you have to work to bring in all the household income. Hopefully after I pay off the last of my student loan debt, the road ahead will be less rocky and I'll be able to devote a little more time to couponing.

7. kal30314

kal30314New Member

Threads:
    A few years ago I had a large stock pile, so much I decided to have a yard sale. People could not believe all the brand new stuff they was getting for $0.50 and up. Now since I am in a small space, I know longer have large stock pile. If I do get a lot of good deals I just share them with family & friends or donate it.

8. HectorHegg

HectorHeggBanned

Threads:
    Yes, you can find a gift card for food on the internet, spent more time to hunt for big deals. The mother lode of food cart finders is Yelp. You can also find on Local Harvest for a huge listing of farmer's markets.

9. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I used to. I don't really any more but I'd love to get back into it at some point.

I used to have such a great stockpile of toiletries especially because of coupons and it was always nice to know that I had plenty to use or share in the future.

10. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    When I first started couponing a few years back my stockpile was huge! I still buy tons of shampoos, deodorants, toothpaste and beauty products whenever I find a good deal because those have a shelf life of forever. :) I have cut back on my grocery stockpile though. We have a big family (6) but I still found myself throwing away a lot of the food products due to expired expiration dates. We just couldn't eat it all.

So now I have cut back and am a bit more careful. If I do get super deals and really don't think we will use it all I still buy it and donate it to a food pantry or people in need. The kids love to do that and it sets a great example of how important it is to give to others in need, so we all benefit ! :) Happy shopping! :)

11. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have the room to spare for me to be able to have a proper stockpile but I do use a lot of coupons, I usually just use them to buy enough for 2-3 weeks worth of eating/usage.
    The next time I move houses I'm definitely keeping that in mind though, on my previous one I always had enough food to last a couple of months and all of it things that didn't spoil, not to mention copious amounts of toilet paper and shampoo :)