Do You Have Any Money Regrets?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by ACSAPA • May 16, 2013.

1. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I only regret spending money on thing I don't need.
    I don't eat out much and I don't spend money on things I don't love or need but sometimes when I see my old friends I usually spend a lot more than I anticipate which is usually my biggest regret because I am in the moment and I forget that I'm on a budget.

2. taskeinc

taskeincMember

Threads:
    Honestly, the only money regrets I have at this point in the game is that I don't have enough of it. I could always you must a bit more cash. Not necessarily for the things I need, but for just a few things I WANT. For example, I'm looking to buy a really nice telescope, that's going to cost in the $500 range. I could buy a cheaper one, but I want a decent scope. The top of the line scopes can go up to $20k, and that's a scope for amateurs, and you can get them as cheap as $75, but what star-gazer wants a $75 telescope?

Anyway, those are the type regrets I have about money, which I think is a good thing because it motivates me to work a little harder to try to get the things that my kids want, and a couple items that I want too.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When it comes to material things, I really don't have any regrets, but the regrets that I have were those spent on investment sites and scam programs, because if you add up all the money that I wasted, then it would have amounted to some substantial amount.

4. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I lend few people. I mean really big amount. That's the problem with me. When someone ask money and I have money, I lend them. Now I realized how big the amount I wasted. Now I'm learning to refuse. I'm starting to fix my finances and how I should handle it.

5. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I have become frugal because of my past mistakes with my spending habits. I have spend so much money on clothes, heels, and accessories that I forget to focus on what was important and that was a reliable car, an apartment, etc. So, right now I am in the midst of saving for a condo; I'm turning 26 so it's time to start thinking and spending the smart way.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    She must be really hot for you to put up with all that inconvenience. Hopefully she's looking for a way to make her own money. Maybe you can teach her about some ways to make a few bucks online.

7. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I regret going to Ocean City and getting souvenirs. I also regret going to an out-of-state animal shelter. I could have just waited for the one I have now instead of trying to get a dog that didn't work out and then spending money on Hardee's. My biggest regret though is going to college. I can't find any work and the college I went to is nothing but a joke. I might have more but those are the main ones.
    I never have lent money though but my mom lent some to my ex 2 or 3 years ago. We haven't seen a dime of it and now we no longer speak with him.

8. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    I think like many here, I have regrets regarding my college choices. I should have went to a state school, but instead I opted for private because on paper it looked like I was getting more of a scholarship from them. In reality, the institution was too expensive for me to afford and I couldn't work out any kind of private loan or government loans with them. So after two years, I had to drop out of school, and since I still owe the college money they will not give me my transcripts, so I can't even use them at another school while paying my old school off. I am around 40,000 dollars in debt and on paper it appears as though I never went to college. If I could rewind and do it a little smarter than I did, I definitely would make that decision.

9. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's pretty much identical to me art college story. I wish I'd just gone to community college. I'm still paying for college and don't have a degree because I had to quit due to the expense.

10. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I am always a bit strapped for cash but that is because I put myself in those positions. I don't regret the stuff I buy because ultimately I am always enjoying myself :)

11. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I try not to have any regrets, but if I had the opportunity to change some of the spending decisions I made in the past I would definitely take it. As much as I enjoyed doing the things I did wit my money when I was younger, or even just a couple years ago, faced with those same options today, I would use the money differently. Of course this is all "had I known then what I know now," but I am very different with money now than I used to be.

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do have a regret, but I have to stop seeing it that way because there was no way around it. I used our large savings to start a new life. Many many reasons behind our move, but mainly my past and my children's future. I always paint my past as horrible lol, it really wasn't, but it seems to be an inconvenience to me most days in my home town.

Anyway, that savings would have ensured comfort, educations etc.. something we sort of risked to start over again. And still we're happier than ever and for me, that's something I've never experienced. The happiness was worth it and my kids won't grow up in a town I know will hold them back more than lift them up.

13. BradHemphill

BradHemphillNew Member

Threads:
    I don't regret much, but it seems all the regrets I do have involve money. I should have listened more to my parents.

14. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    I have experienced feelings of regret after purchasing something. I have a bad habit when I shop. When I'm shopping I tend to pick up everything that I like. I have a habit of going in to purchase a specific item and come out of the store with 10 others. 5 of them being something that I do not need. Then I end up asking myself why did I buy it.

15. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    Back in 2002 I had over $2,000 sitting in my bank account doing nothing. I also was one of the first people to discover Netflix. I tried their "free trial" and loved getting movies in the mail and using an online queue. I thought it was a great service. If I was smart enough to invest in Netflix. I could have bought shares at $8/share, today Netflix is going for $337/share. My $2000 would be worth $84,000 today. :(

16. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I think my regrets would be buying things I really didn't need things that I just wanted and ended up not using I have learned not to do that now lol. So now I am more careful about what I buy if I don't need it I don't get it just cause I want it.

17. Annetteb

AnnettebActive Member

Threads:
    I hate the way I have handled my finances because I am in debt and trying to dig my way out. I wasn't smart and did not save better. Now I am trying to improve my habits so that I can actually save money better. It's going to be a long tough road for me, but I have faith and hope that tjings will get better.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a challenging time, but at least you're working hard to improve your habits. I believe that you will get there because you're determined and have a good attitude.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That is definitely a big regret. I feel that way when I see Walmart stock prices constantly going up. That's another regret for me to add to the list- I don't know how to buy stocks.

20. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I have an issue managing money. I always have and probably always will. I am of the camp that you can't spend it when you are gone. It definitely leaves me in some tight spots though.