Do You Have Any Money Regrets?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by ACSAPA • May 16, 2013.

1. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I do not like the amount of student loans I have and still paying for today. I was stubborn and wanted to go to a private college. I got a decent amount of scholarships. I worked two or three jobs while in college, but I also had to take out student loans. They are not pleasant to have on my credit report.

2. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    When i was younger i was much more image oriented. I bought a one year old cadillac at the age of 20. I could make the payments it but my place was tiny and i could never afford to go out. So I couldnt afford the car. I threw away so much money trying to be cool. It eventually got repo'd

The cars are drive now are used, paid in full cash. I have desires for new cars but i enjoy looking at my growing bank account even more. Eventually though that money is going to get blown, im just waiting till its large enough to say "screw it" and buy a nice sports car.

(and then ill come in here posting about regretting my new sports car purchase.

3. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    I really don't have many. I just recall in my early twenties I had the opportunity to be a university teacher and I declined because I was getting married and I didn't had time to make my master degree. I suppose if it were today I'd consider it in another way...

4. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I used to be a big spender. I used to spend a lot of money on buying mobile phones, which is around $600 each one. I have regretted about spending a lot of money because I used to buy the latest technology, which could be very expensive and sometimes waste of money. I started a month saving plan about a year ago, which has helped me and limited my spending.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's impressive that you have such a cool hobby. The universe is beautiful and awe inspiring. I hope you're able to get a good telescope soon. Oddly enough, I sometimes see expensive ones at special holiday markdowns on Amazon right before the holidays. I guess other people are really into high quality telescopes too.

6. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    There was one money regret that up to this day, I still find myself regretting about it. I let myself be convinced by the insurance people at the mall. I told myself that I'll just go along with one of them and let them talk whatever they want to say to me. Then, I'll leave with my cash intact. Well, I was so wrong because this woman was able to convince me and I was 3000 Philippine Peso short when I went home.

I wasn't able to use that insurance.

7. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I can't say that I have any money regrets, per se, but I could certainly have benefitted from earning and saving more over the years. I think one of the biggest failures of education - whether at home or via an institution - is that young people are provided with the tools to financial literacy so that they are better prepared for life when they become adults.

I'm not sure how many people are able to save $30 per week every single week so you shouldn't feel bad, but that calculation at least shows you what is possible when you are able to make the effort.