Do You Have Any Specific Item That You Always Avoid Purchasing Online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by onliner • Feb 27, 2017.

1. onliner

onlinerNew Member

Threads:
    Online shopping is a phenomenon that has taken over the world by storm. For most people nowadays, shopping can be done any where any time without necessarily having to walk around looking for stores.

Despite this, there are goods I'll always want to have a look at before buying. These clothes and furniture,especially clothes. For instance I'd want to get the right fit for me obviously by trying it on-an incentive that online stores luck.

So, do you have any specific item that you always avoid purchasing online despite being an avid online shopper?

2. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I don't mind buying clothes online because it's just so much easier to find the exact thing you like and find the size for it. However, I would buy any health related products online because I just don't know what some people may have put in it or mixed in it. It's always dangerous buying those types of products online

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One thing I don't like purchasing online is vegetables even if it's for home delivery of groceries. I like to pick and choose my vegetables and fruits. I do like online purchases for I can get money back at

, but they don't have all the shops online I buy from too. I've bought candies to microwave ovens online and it's okay. I had to return the microwave oven for it was a manufacturer's defective one. Even got a free computer mailed to me, CRT type of monitor too and it arrived in very good condition. I ride the bus so I'd consider buying furniture online too. Target has free shipping if you got their Red credit card, so I'd save money too buying online from Target as well as other sites. It's wonderful, to save money as well as make a little money from

and get free shipping too-savings galore shopping online!

4. Jessica Vibes

Jessica VibesNew Member

Threads:
    Nopes, not really. I think I'd try it all. But if I've had a bad experience with something, I'd probably find a different place to shop rather than taking it off my online shopping list.

I am a jewelry enthusiast and I've got pieces from all across the globe (mostly purchased online). I've had positive experiences for the most part. But all this experience did help me find a couple of really good online stores that I can go back to time and again. If I stopped shopping with my first bad experience, I wouldn't have this absolutely gorgeous collection that I have now!

5. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    No. I don't have any specific items that I avoid buying online, But I have a certain concern in buying clothes and shoes because they are products that I like to touch, to feel, to try before I buy them.

The formats in which such products are manufactured can vary widely, and through the computer screen I have no way of knowing the difference

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I figured out that the stuffs I like buying online are electronics such mobile phones, computer, power bank. I also like getting sunshade online sometimes except that I may have issues with how it fits. I wouldn't buy shirts or trousers online for fear of getting a wrong size but I can go for quality under wears.

7. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    Clothes, furniture and electronic items. I have bought a few electronic items online and was not satisfied with it. Therefore, I have stopped buying electronic items online. For clothes, it is specially the inner wear, since they cannot be replaced or returned. If you get a wrong size, you have to keep it. There is no alternative.

8. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    There is an abundance of health-related products being offered online. The makers usually advertise these products as some type of miracle cures, but there are never ever any credible evaluation to back up these claims, therefore, I would never purchase these types of products

9. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I might buy some books or a computers online,but any kind of food or wine,I don't think so! Ecommerce is on the rise though,and they say shopping centers will soon be obsolete? A lot of e-retailers have live chats with the customers and a lot online stores have better customer service as well. I would buy some shoes online because they are hard to find anyway,and stores like Zappos(amazon bought them),you can always send the shoes back for free,if you get the wrong size or don't like them.

10. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will never buy any electronic item from online stores. It is on the assumption that it is very inconvenient when the product is defective. I have seen cheap car dashboard camera in one online store but I am not tempted. In fact, I would rather buy from the electronic store in the mall even if the price is higher. At least I can test the product before finally buying.

11. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    For me, the things that I don't prefer buying online includes clothes, vegetables, grocery and eatables in general. I want clothes to be comfortable for me so I always try before buying it as I don;t want to waste money. Also. I always prefer fresh vegetables and fruits which I always buy directly from the farmer's market. :)

12. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Like you, I would avoid clothes and shoes and expensive gadgets, because you can't really fit them or test them before buying them. While I'm open to buying sealed stuff like memory cards or cheap items like bags or headpones/earphones though. The risk is less in buying such items.