Do You Have Faith?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by radzi • Jun 3, 2015.

1. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have faith? If you have faith or believe in something could you share with us and perhaps show us facts! Please keep it clean and respectful because we don't want arguments or debates around here, we just want to have a good clean discussion.

I personally believe in a personal loving God that takes care of us when we need him and call to him, he's a good God and I believe that there is enough evidence for it.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have faith, but there are times it wavers. It's not only about religion, but faith in yourself that matters, which is why having negative people crushing your self-esteem and confidence is unhealthy. However, it seems a trait of how society is developing to make others feel better about themselves. It's sad really which is why people keep trying to regain their faith, when really one should be building it rather than rescuing it.

3. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    Until about a year ago I was firmly on the fence, mainly because I had no idea one way or another whether God was there. I liked the idea of God, but having been brought up without Him, I genuinely didn't know.
    I met my boyfriend last July and he introduced me to his faith, never in a pushy way, but he was so passionate about his studies it got me curious. I am so glad it did as opening my heart to God has changed me as a person.
    I am so much happier now, and I have a new found self esteem that I never believed possible to find for me. So yes, I do believe there is a loving God, I do believe He has my back, that He longs for all of us to be with Him and having done the reading and asked the questions, I too believe there is enough to back it up.

Besides, He gives me hope, and no matter how many people dispute what I do or don't believe, they can't take that hope away from me.

4. azeemah kaleem

azeemah kaleemMember

Threads:

I agree with your statement 100%. We do live in a society where there is so much focus on the wrong things. It appears some are rewarded for the most outrageous, disgusting, and negative behaviors. Yet others who attempt to try to do the right things, or have the right attitude are attacked. One point you made I've always practice, and that's staying away from negative people. If you surround yourself around those who do not wish you well, it will start to eat away at your psych. You always want to be around people who will uplift you, not bring you down. As for faith, I try my very best to have it, but sometimes it get difficult. I believe it's a test we all go through at times. I think God test us to see if our faith is really strong, and we actually are putting trust in him. I have to remind my self at times, that not in life is easy.

5. radzi

radziActive Member

Threads:
    I see. That makes quite a lot of sense and I can relate to it a lot. To be honest I struggle a lot from it.

That's such a strong and firm thing to have that hope that will not be taken away by even not caring what others say. I salute you for that and it's always good to stay firm in the faith and take hold of it because we all need faith in our lives. What would you describe your God as? What is your faith? I'm interested, share!

6. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I have something that does keep me grounded. What I have learned in recent is that everyone needs something to help them appreciate the good times as well as those that are bad. The things we encounter, people we meet and ideas that may materialize come from an outside power of which we have no control.

7. anorexorcist

anorexorcistNew Member

Threads:
    I'm an agnostic so I currently don't have faith in a superior force or something like that. I have faith in life, I have faith in me and I'm currently on a bad situation in which I could lose hope and faith easily, but I won't give up because I'm worth much more than that, I have faith in me and in my ability to overcome all the impediments and bad things that I'm going to be facing very soon, so... I have faith in me!

8. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I have faith, if I didn't I don't know how I would survive in this world. I believe that God is real and I have faith that no matter what situation that I am in he will lead me in the right direction. I have faith that any need I have, he will provide. I have called on him and he has deliver, might not have been on my time but it was right on time. That is all the evidence that I need.

9. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation, heaven, God, and eternal life. There is no other way. And God put the knowledge of him inside of our conscience and hearts. Each one of us. So no one is without excuse on judgment day for rejecting Christ. He offers a free gift of salvation to all who will receive it and believe on him. He died for our sins and took our place on the cross, standing in the way of the wrath of God that should have been poured out on us. He became sin who knew no sin so we could know him and be reconciled to him. And he wants us to spend eternity with him. And unless you're born again of the spirit of God, you won't go to heaven. None is good, no not one. All have fallen short of the glory of God. There is no such thing as a good person. We have all broken God's laws. We can't earn heaven on our own merit. But only on the perfect merit and favor of Jesus Christ, who was God in the flesh.

10. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't believe in a god, no. I don't see the loving part, or the good part and I think if anyone spent a lot of time out of their comfort zone, where people are struggling and suffering and dying in ways that are unheard of in our comfy, developed worlds, they would see more where I'm coming from. Not that I have left my comfort zone lol, but I would if I could, in a heartbeat. I do, however, see why people need a god and I won't get into why I believe most do.. I respect it (if used for good and not evil lol). I wish I believed there was something wonderful waiting for me after death and I wish all the blanks really could be filled in with "god did it", but that's just not how my head wraps around this planet of ours.. this universe. I quite enjoy the vast unknown out there; the beauty and mystery. Even within our own planet which we've just barely started to get to know. The suffering though... a just can't get behind a loving god who tests us so cruelly or allows anyone to suffer for any reason. I do believe he is real in a sense though.. he's ingrained in pretty much every aspect of our lives via his believers throughout his history here. Someone who impacts my life in any way shape or form, is pretty flipping real, whether he's real or not ;)

I respect those who believe.. the ones who don't use their god to hurt or judge others. I envy that comfort.

11. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I am a Christian, and frankly, I'm surprised to see others so far on this forum. Usually the Internet seems more full of people trying to debunk and argue against religions than just admit what they believe.

So that's cool.

Anyway, I'd say I have pretty firm sense of my faith, which for me is backed by the Bible, which I believe is a Holy book. There's no point trying to argue that. If you don't believe it you don't believe it and I'm not going to try to convince you to. My faith has also been supported by evidence of God's work in my life personally. I have a very active prayer life and I have seen answered prayer, many times.

When it comes down to it, for me, all faith is very personal. It is hard to convince someone of anything until they are actually seeking something and then can experience it for themselves.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do have a lot of faith. Hawaii is in the Pacific and we get hurricanes so bad like Iniki. Well, I came upon a passage, Mathew 1:1-6 about how you can rely on Christ about weather miracles and protection from bad weather. A book by Annette Sandoval The Directory of Saints helped me knowledge about Holy Saint & with calling upon Holy Saints for help and protection too. I believe because when Hawaii had 3 hurricanes heading straight for us I went to twitter & facebook asking for many prayers of help to stop the hurricanes from heading to Hawaii and it worked! I get inspirational letters from Richard Robert's too. I saw him one night on television and he said all those at home with back trouble place your hand on your television and he prayed. I got a warm feeling where my pain was and the pain stopped! I got faith!
    PFM-home.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually believe in God, ever since I was young my parents have ingrained religion on us siblings. I also have faith that God never gives us a problem we can't handle, so I always look on the bright side of things, knowing that my problems will resolve itself in the future.

14. Hozyboy

HozyboyNew Member

Threads:
    I really want tin have faith because I was brought up in a highly religious household but I guess it is just not for me because I do not have faith.

I do not believe in god because there is no evidence to prove his existence. Maybe I need some help but this is just my views.

15. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have faith in myself because I didn't have a say in coming to this world. I will not even be able to control or predict the circumstances of my demise. Whatever I lay claim to excel in whether wealth, power, intelligence or ability, there have been superior personalities in these things in the past. So my faith rests in God.

16. FenWoFon

FenWoFonMember

Threads:
    I personally think that I have faith, on what? lets say that I have faith in God, does not matter how atheist people are, they will always have something to believe in, may not be God but every single person believes on something/someone that is out there watching every single step you take and gudies you all the way through life, I personally think that it is all about being confident with ourselves and we will always find a way up, no matter how hard the situations are there is always going to be a moment when we're going to ask for help phisically or spiritually, the point is that for me, everybody has faith on something, many of us do not even know what or who is that /something/ but it is right there waiting for us to notice of it.

17. venusflytrap

venusflytrapMember

Threads:
    I have faith and confidence in my abilities to achieve and manifest anything that I set my mind to. For me it's an ongoing learning process to improve myself on every level in order to achieve my personal goals. The most important things for me in life are love, compassion and knowledge. I believe that I have all the power within me to create a good life for myself and those around me. And yes, I do put myself first, because if I am not balanced and happy, those around me will be affected by it, too.

18. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have faith and believe strongly in the existence of a higher being more powerful than ourselves. I was born into the Roman Catholic church, but don't practice as an adult. However, I find comfort in prayer and strive to be a decent person. I do believe in God, too. I just choose not to go to church, as I don't believe it should necessarily be the focal point of what my faith is all about. I guess different things suit different people.

19. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I do because there are so many times when I don't know how I am going to come up with some money to pay for my bills and God does provide. There was a time when I needed $50 to pay a bill and I got a $60 check in the mail. God is good.

20. tskier01123

tskier01123New Member

Threads:
    I have faith, for sure. But I prefer trust, to be perfectly honest. I guess it flies in the face of faith, but I prefer to know as opposed to just believe. I'm not sure if it's a failing of mine or a good thing, but I'm a little skeptical about putting all your faith into something. Of course, I do have it so can't say I'm totally skeptical!