Do You Have Fencing Around Your Home?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by MrsJones • Feb 11, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have fencing around your home? Fencing has its benefits and downfall depending on the type. It definitely creates boundaries. It presents a beautiful frame to the home. It keeps others from walking on the lawn or throwing trash in your yard or even the wind from blowing trash in your yard.

Depending on the type be it wood, galvanized, iron there is the maintenance to keep it looking nice. It can become a headache sometimes if you decide to plant shrubbery or flowers to close to the fence if they are planted to close to the fence. Sometimes a tree can present to be an obstacle if having fencing installed.

Do you have fencing around your place of residence? What type? How do you maintain it?

2. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I do have fencing around the backyard area of my house, but not on the front. My house is surround by the usual wooden fence but it stands 7 feet tall and are about 6 inches in width. My current house doesn't need a front lawn fence because it's located in court and the neighbors are good folks - at my old house, things were different and was the reason why the owner we were renting from installed metal fencing on the front lawn. I maintain my house fencing by washing it whenever it's dirty, dusting it off with a broom or air compressor, repairing whatever is loose, and once in awhile I'll paint it with wax to make it more resistance during rainy season.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    Our backyard is fenced in. Everyone where we live has fenced-in yards. Our driveways and garages are all in the back (connected by alleys) so the fences definitely give us privacy and cut down on lights and noise from cars coming and going. Our fence is an 8 foot tall privacy fence with a beautiful dark walnut stain. I call it our fortress of solitude.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our house has a fence that only keeps people out of the yard, it does not offer any privacy. We are on a bit of a hill so we can see into all of our neighbors yards and they can see into ours. I would prefer the 6 foot high fence but the design of the fence was not my choice.