Do you have flowers at home?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Strykstar • Jun 3, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Do you have plants at home (inside The House) that actually boom flowers? Or just the kind of plants with big green leafs?

2. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I usually do have at least one type of flower at home! I had an Amaryllis until last month which was gorgeous, but it ended up dying. Now I have very nice purple orchids that light up my living room. I love having flowers at home to make it brighter!

3. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I have a very small house so while I love to have a plant inside, I'm also already struggling for spaces of some of my stuffs inside. Hopefully when my family and I move to a bigger place soon then I can get a few plant in. I especially love having a plant on a balcony and also in the kitchen.

4. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I always keep at least one flower type plant in my apartment. I think it's an affordable luxury that really brightens a place up and gives it a homey feel. Currently I have several whitish orchids. I bought them at Ikea, I don't even think they were $10 each and they have lived longer than orchids I bought that were triple the price. I tried having a planter of mini rose bushes on my windowsill, but they died after awhile. I'm currently looking for other flower type plants for my apartment.

5. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I would put flowers at home from time to time, especially when there are special occasions like Christmas or Easter Sunday. I would always prefer real flowers compared to plastic ones. I think there's no point to put plastic flowers because they don't give out any scent and also, more often than not, they don't look as pretty as the real ones.

Flowers can be quite expensive so I really don't buy them during the whole year.

6. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My grandmother has her own garden which is not just filled with flowers and green gigantic leaves, but also of big healthy fruits. She likes gardening. It eases her stressed and makes her feel good. The plants, the flowers, and the fruits give her comfort and joy, just by seeing, preparing and eating them.