Do You Have Issues With Notes And Coins?

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by mildredtabitha • Sep 18, 2017.

1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I have come across people who will never accept coins. They will look down on coins and I don't know why. I asked some ladies who are like that and they said it is because coins will leave holes on their handbags. Really?

I had a new friend last year and she would leave her change in supermarkets because she wants notes only. I really do not understand. Money is money!

Do you have issues with coins?

2. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    How I wish I have a friend like the one you have, I'll be glad to keep her change for her. Anyway, I live in the Philippines and it's important to have some pennies in your pocket especially if your using the public transport as your daily means of going to places like the jeepneys. Most jeepney drivers gets mad when you give them paper notes of higher denomination as a travel fair especially in the morning.

3. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    Here in Nigeria, coins are pretty much outdated or I'd say extinct. Nobody wants to accept coins as change. They prefer notes.

I remember spending my coins on gums and candy as a kid because that was all you could do with them but I personally do not mind taking coins. I think it is cute and vintage.

4. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    Wow I love to have change. I need it all the time for my granddaughter's school for various donations they ask for. If I just used notes I would never have any money left!

Also when I worked in a shop it was annoying when people constantly gave us notes because we would keep running out of change. Shopkeepers love to have change. I don't see how people can constantly deal in notes. It wouldn't be possible in my country.