Do you have kids?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Peninha • Apr 6, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Kids are a huge expense and they make us live in function of them, no question here. At the same time they motivate us to work more and better to get them and to ourselves the life quality we desire. It's though and many say that a life without kids it's not worth it, I don't know about that, but it's certainly a harder life.

2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I am going to get married soon. One of the things that my significant other and I talked about is having children. We both agreed that we shouldn't have children anytime soon because we are not ready for this yet. Though honestly, I do not want to have children. Growing up, I am never good with them. I only last a couple of minutes in their presence before I find them too irritating.

3. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have a 15 year old daughter and two young boys. They are my life, kids cost a lot of money, but it's worth it in the end. Having them made my life complete. Now that my daughter has entered her teenage years she is expensive, with her dance classes and numerous clubs she attends, but seeing her grow into the wonderful human being she is, is what make it all worth it!

4. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I do not have kids, however, I am planning to have one in the future. Children are so innocent and so cute to look. I can play with them for hours and do all their chores if I am allowed. I just prefer to be a part of them and play all kinds of games with them. I do not know why I like kids so much, but, I just stick to them whenever I find them. I surely would love to have more than one kid, but due to rising costs of everything around, it would be really difficult for me.

5. wowtgp

wowtgpActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have any kids right now, but we have a pet. As far as kids are concerned, I don't know if I am going to want one in future,. but I am still young. So who know, things will change in future. I am not ready for the responsibilities that come with kids.

6. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How old are you wowtgp? Kids are a big responsibility and expense and these days many couples choose not to have kids to live a better life, with less worries, more nights out and travel. It's really a choice of a lifetime!

7. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I do have kids!!

I have children that range from 8 to 19 years old. My two youngest are boys, 8 and 11. My older ones are girls, 16 and 19. :) They certainly keep us busy, but I can't think of anything in this world even coming close to the joy they bring us. Truly a blessing from God !
    Danyel :)

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a 16 year old daughter. I absolutely adore her and we're best friends. I have no plans to have any other kids, but I'm happy with the daughter I have and I think she's a great kid.
    I don't have the money or resources to support multiple kids and I don't want to be spread too thin financially. As a single mom, one kid is all I can afford.

9. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I finally had my son at 36. For the longest time- until I was about 35- I didn't think I wanted kids. I'm still not sure about the general concept, but I love my son in particular. It's expensive to have him, but we've saved money by not going out as much (or ever, right now, as my son has colic) and pinching pennies wherever possible. Somehow, the time and money expands just enough to get us all through the day. I thought I would be sad about not being able to go out or afford the little luxuries I had before him, but I think I am actually happier just staying in with the family for now.

10. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I forgot about high school! In my head, my son was going to get cheaper as he got older. I imagined it would be smooth sailing as soon as he was in school, and child care wasn't an issue. But, now that I think about it, labels are a pretty important factor to high schoolers. Well, I didn't have him to save money. I guess I'll just have to cut out as many expenses as possible now before he notices.

11. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have one child, and it hasn't been that difficult raising him. It hasn't been cheap, but we've been able to handle the costs in stride. It just takes a lot of extra effort to earn that extra money, but obviously we've got no other choice. I don't plan on having any more children in the future, though, as one child is enough for me and our son's mother.

12. AresBlade

AresBladeActive Member

Threads:
    I have 2 kids, a 3 year old boy and a 1 year old girl. When we had the boy life carried on in stride and I didn't think it was a big deal, there was an added expense but nothing out of the ordinary. Now with two however we seriously notice the pinch. My wife has had to switch and take strange hour shifts and things to coordinate paying less day care, because the cost of that is truly incredible. She made more in her time off from work (maternity leave) than she does now that she's back to work full time.

13. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I really wish not to have kids in my near future. It can be a possibility in the future, but having a child right now would be a disaster. It is one of the things that really concerns me every now and then. Raising a child today is a lot tougher financially and physically. The psychological impact of having a child in your life is also a great factor that weighs in on my firm decision. I am still quite young and it would be a mistake for me to have a great responsibility like that.

14. Tapel

TapelMember

Threads:
    I'm 26 years young and I don't have kids yet. I'd probably be having children by the age of 37. Can you give me tips on how to raise kids? Thank you! :)

15. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    And i believe its a lot better to have a kid when you are much younger like 25. For your kid will be 10 by the time you are 35 years old. I do have a kid right now and makes me happy every time she achieve a milestone. Watching her learn how to ride a bike is a happy feeling.

16. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I have a 10 year old stepson, and we plan to expand our family more in the future- but it is definitely expensive. Even being thrifty with it is expensive lol.

17. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The great thing about kids is that they don't even realize how life is, and they should not. The other day my older kid made me laugh so hard when I said that I didn't have money he just answered, why don't you pay with the card? :D

18. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, Peninha. My son has no idea his family is poor. I know a day will come when he starts to understand what status means, but I am trying to stay as blind to it as he is for now. I read somewhere that kids spell love "T-I-M-E." I think that may also be how they spell wealth.

19. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think a lot of them do realize to a point if you're falling on hard times. I know I did but you're right their mind is not fully developed. When you're a kid you're pretty carefree and only want to have as much fun as possible. I miss those days a lot. These kids today who are in a hurry to grow up don't realize how lucky they have it.

20. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    No, I don't, I'm only 19 years old and I don't want any children any time soon, if I ever will, to be honest.