Do you have kids?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Peninha • Apr 6, 2014.

1. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have kids. We're not ready to have them any time soon. I think it's not fair to have kids if you can't care for them and give them what they need to have a good life. We do want to have a family some day, but it's still a few years away from now. We might consider adopting instead of having biological kids.

2. Amanda K

Amanda KActive Member

Threads:
    I thought the same thing, mariee. Despite being cautious and planning carefully, we had a "surprise" baby in June. We are far from well off, and not where we imagined we would be when we had a baby. I had also planned to adopt an older child if my biological clock ran out before we could afford a baby. Now that my son is here, it is rough financially. He doesn't notice any of it, though. His father and I both work hard and do not live above our means. We hope to be above water before our son is aware of the situation. I'm not advocating irresponsibility, but the economy is not entirely under our control and it's not fair for good people to miss out on having the families they want because of it.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That happened with both my kids, they were not planned, but they were welcomed of course, they are the best thing in our lives. We might take extra care with planning, but sometimes destiny just pull this surprise on us and we just have to deal with them.

4. McsSlep

McsSlepNew Member

Threads:
    I have a daughter who is 9 months old. She doesn't require much money yet but I'm sure it gets worse the older she gets. Right now diapers are our big expense for her.

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah, as soon as we start saving money on the diapers (around 4 or 5 years old) they start as well eating much more, at a speed we are amazed, but that's just the way it is, we just love to see them healthy and we spare no expenses.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I don't have kids yet, but of course, I'm planning to have them. I think I'm really destined to be a mother. I feel like I was born to be a nurturer; my zodiac sign (Cancer) says so as well. I just have so much love and passion for children. That's why I want to be a preschool teacher too. I would love to have 3 beautiful daughters someday because I never had a sister, and I'm always yearning for girls' company since our family is mostly composed of men.

7. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    God, no. And won't have any for hopefully at least 10 more years. Noooot going to happen sooner. Nope.

8. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do have kids. I have two. They ask for very little and the majority of their food is healthy, so they don't really cost us all that much more. Our lives before kids were way more expensive lol.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have children either. But at one point, I felt like I did, when I helped to raise my three younger siblings. These days, I am so scarred from that experience that I doubt that I will ever be having any children of my own :/

Maybe if I was to find the right person, who I felt like I could rely on, and trust to raise children with, then maaaybe I'd be more inclined to have kids. But as it stands right now, I can't see any diapers in my future lol.

#49Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have kids though I've been longing to have one. Should marriage escape me in the next few years, I intend to adopt two or so children. I plan to build an orphanage-school in the near future just so I can spend the rest of my life raising kids into fine adults.

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, I don't have kids and I will never have one. I don't want a responsibility and someone draining my finances. Having pets is the most expenditure that I'm willing to commit to.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The question of whether to have kids or not is a very personal one, and we all have our own reasons for making the choices we do, and those choices make sense to us. We currently don't have any kids, but we do wish to have at least one if we are blessed :) Kids are expensive, but you just roll with it, if you choose to go that way.

13. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I have two children one is three and the other is 3 months and they are very expensive especially when they are on formula rather than breastfeeding and diapers is also very expensive! even though they are costly I have always wanted a big family so I plan on having at least one more baby.

14. Lushlala

Threads:
    I have always been told that you can never be ready to have kids, and that you just find a way around them. People always tell me that if you wait to have enough money to have them, then you'll never have kids. -and I kind of see what they mean. I just hope that we can have at least one. BUT ideally, I'd love two :)

15. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    We're going to have a boy in November! We can't wait! kids are a blessing! I am reading some comments and for those who do not want any kids-imagine if your parents never had you, then, imagine again, if you really never had any kids. Life is the greatest gift, give that gift to someone! that's all!

16. Lushlala

Threads:

Aww ExpertAdvice, massive congratulations! I bet you're so excited about your baby boy :) I love children and have been around a lot of them. Like you, I believe children are a blessing, there's never a dull day with children around!! But of course some people don't like them, and it's their prerogative. It took me ages to come around to the idea, but I'd love one or two one day.

17. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    :) Thanks my friend @Lushlala@Lushlala, I am extremly excited! I can't wait to see his little face! I wish you all the best when the time comes for you to have your bundle of joy! :) and please do remember to inform me :)

18. Lushlala

Threads:
    Aww thanks for your kind sentiment, ExpertAdvice, I really appreciate it :) -and of course, I'll let you know when I too am blessed with the honour of being a mum!

19. Natalie89

Natalie89Member

Threads:
    I have one child, a little boy of 3. Over the years I have spent a ton to ensure he has the best of everything- yes, kids are expensive, but their wellbeing and happiness are worth it by far.
    Besides, as the years go on, a lot of the time you can pass one the goods you bought and make a little bit of the money back. I took a car load of stuff to a carboot sale last weekend and made just shy of £300.
    The money will go towards something for us to enjoy together, it's all about enjoying your kids and the time you have.

20. dawnolsen

dawnolsenMember

Threads:
    I have two kids and I too live a completely different life now then when i was childless. So many things have changed! Everyone tells you what to expect when you have children. They tell you about the lack of sleep, lack of social life, and overall drama that comes with having children. What they fail to tell you is all the little ways your life will change. No one told me that watching a movie with a child dying would bring me to tears and make me want to hug my kids. No one told me that you could feel so lonely surrounded by just your toddlers. I have had the joy of bringing two beautiful babies into this world and I have embraced and learned to love the way my life has changed. I love my little family and someday I hope to expand it again.l