Do you have kids?

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Peninha • Apr 6, 2014.

1. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I do not have children, but I deal with kids all the time. I am a dance performer and also a dance teacher. I feel like some children need to be dealt with different compared to those you can deal with all together.

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You must have so much fun with the kids, Service! That's also where the dance and performance talent is. It's great to get them young because they're not shy at that stage and have no inhibitions. You guys must have a blast together :)

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I don’t have kids, and I don’t see this changing any time soon. To be honest, I was never terribly interested in having a family; any maternal instinct I might have is directed toward cats. Even on the very slim chance I changed my mind, I’m not in any position to be able to raise a child.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Kids in the house are on their own so me and my husband have the house of ourselves. Peace and quite life with our dogs, an ideal setup. But for house chores, we have 2 maids to do that so we can just relax at home. That's our plan since a long time ago and we are glad to realize that.

5. kjonesm1

kjonesm1Active Member

Threads:
    I have two kids , one is 3 and the other is 8. So far I think I have it great as far as expenses go. I can give them $5 each to go wild at the Dollar Store and they get as excited as Christmas day:D. I fear the day when they start asking me for iPhones, playstations and $100 sneakers.

6. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    I have a ten year old son and yes it can be somewhat expensive raising kids but you really just have to change how you shop. I'm a single parent and I think I do good with taking care of my son. I was always a person who knew how to shop on a budget and I still do.

7. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I have four children. I would say that the first is the most expensive. You end up buying things that you do not necessarily need. The more children you have, the more carefully you plan and budget I would say. I have one daughter who is sixteen and then my three boys are 10, 4 and 2. A lot of clothes and toys get passed down. In terms of food, I don't necessarily make four times the amount of food. I tend to make large meals that will last for two meals. It is generally quite expensive having four children though and I do have to work a lot of hours to cover the costs. Once you hit the fourth baby, you start having to think about things like space in your house and car size. Before my fourth was born, I bought a second hand 7-seat car and had two bedroom extension built on my house. It was cheaper to do that than to move to a bigger house.

8. RapidRaven

RapidRavenMember

Threads:
    I don't have any children at this point. I wish to wait a few years before getting married and having children (either direct or through adoption). I want to settle down first and get a stable job and complete all my educational needs before committing myself. After all, raising children takes a large chunk of effort to do right.

9. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I have a one year old son. He takes so much energy to take care of because he is a boy. He walks and walks and walks all day, lol. It is not really easy to take care of a child but believe me, just seeing that smile on his face makes your heart melt.

At times I would think about my single life, not caring for anybody, nor myself. It was the easiest life I had. Money is just for my needs. But to take care of someone is such an accomplishment more so if it is your son. Yeah, you may lose time and money for yourself, but in return you get this little ball of energy that just makes everything worth it!

10. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I have a 4 year old daughter, and I'm currently pregnant with my second daughter. I love being a parent, its a tough but rewarding job. I wouldn't change anything about it. Child are expensive, I keep telling myself that this is my last one, but I don't know if that's God's plan, so I'm going with the flow.

11. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am childfree by choice. I have never wanted them, nor has SO. MIL keeps nagging me to reproduce, even to the extent where she once said she hoped I would have a "pill accident"! Now I'm 38, her favourite thing is to tell me that time is running out.

The worst "bingo" to me though is "Who will look after you when you're old?". People don't really have children for this purpose do they?

12. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I have two kids. I love my boys dearly and wouldn't change a thing. I know life is more expensive now, with sports, piano lessons, more food, clothing, child care but being a parent is the most reward and challenging experience you can have. I learn more about myself each day - I learn understanding, patience, selflessness, gratitude. I see myself in my children for good or for bad. I know I'm a better person for having these two beautiful people in my life. I am filled hope and joy and can't wait to see what kind of wonderful things they will do in with their life.

13. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I currently have no kids, but I'm broody and have been for a while. We have just never been in a good position to have kids, yet we've been married for quite a while now, 10 years next June. Everyone is waiting on us to have them, and keeps telling us there's never a good time to have kids. Apparently you always find a way to provide for them, rich or not. I just hope that it will happen one day, before it's too late!

14. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I have 2 kids. My oldest is almost 4 and my youngest is almost a year old. You definitely pay more for things after you have kids. Diapers, wipes, baby food, formula which is really expensive, clothes, etc. But what's so great about my situation is that I got so many hand-me down clothes from family and friends that both of my kids were set on clothes for a long time. If you can do that you will save a lot of money. But even if you can't, there's usually gently used kids clothing stores around. We have one in town that's very cheap we shop at sometimes. So any way you can save is great. You can also find ads from people selling formula on a facebook group from your town that has never been opened and they usually charge much cheaper than what's at the store. So there are ways, you just have to look for those bargains!