Do you have Netflix?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by crazycroc • May 17, 2013.

1. crazycroc

crazycrocMember

Threads:
    In my opinion Netflix is the best deal for movies and television. If you look at cable prices or the cost to rent a single movie, Netflix blows the competition out of the water. Some people may complain about selection or unable to get it without a proper internet connection but for my family it makes the most sense.

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We had it for a bit, but I wasn't into it. My son likes it though. Generally, I hear the Canadian version is worse for selection than the American. I'm curious about the difference.

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I got 3 months for free and tried to like it, but the service is too clunky for me and i just prefer to use the laptop to get what i want.

4. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't at the moment, but I am thinking of giving it a go. I used to have Lovefilm but I recently cancelled the subscription, so I may give Netflix a whirl. Am I right in thinking that if you get the right cable, you could watch the Netflix movie on your TV rather than on a laptop?

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have had it in the past when I would request DVDs. I loved it in college, but now I am all about streaming now and so I cancelled because they didn't have great streaming titles. A lot of their movies were older and I like watching new releases. My family has seen a lot of older films. I might get it soon now that they are going to add Arrested Development.

6. Soliloquy

SoliloquyMember

Threads:
    Yep, I got rid of cable but kept Netflix. I'm getting dismayed with the way their selection is dwindling lately, though. I know the movie studios are hoping people will pay subscription fees directly to them, but I can't see that actually working out.

7. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Not currently, but I have on and off in the past. It is a great service. I just wish they would keep the programs they have and continue adding to them rather than deleting some of them from time to time. I've tried to watch stuff that I had seen was on there before only to now find out its gone. But the streaming quality has always been spot on and I never had any outage issues with their service at all.

8. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    We love Netflix. We also got rid of the cable and stuck with the Netflix. The cable got to be way to expensive. And for $8.00 a month we get unlimited movies and tv series that we did not even get on the cable. To me it is a fantastic deal. For those of us who are on a fixed income it gives us something to watch for a lower price. Some of our favorite shows we get on Netflix is Supernatural, Walking Dead and Breaking Bad. You just can't beat it, we love it.

9. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    Netflix has been great so far. They have a good selection of old and new movies and I often am browsing through the foreign films selection,watching something that I usually don't. It's a really good price for what it offers compared to cable and it is actually awesome that they're coming up with their own shows too. I definitely will be a customer for a long time to come.

10. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Yes I have a Netflix account. I don't really use it much, but I have watched a few episodes of Family Guy or The Office on it. The quality overall was pretty great.

11. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I had a subscription to Netflix for several months but canceled it. We hardly ever watched any movies on Netflix. The problem with Netflix is the selection is terrible. Most of the movies are very old or low budget movies that never made it to the movie theater. I actually like Hulu Plus better. I like hulu because I can catch up on my favorite TV shows that I missed. Netflix only provides you with the old seasons of a TV show. With Hulu I can catch the episode I just missed last week.

12. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    I have never tried netflix more for the fact that I don't really watch that many movies any more. I've been more into my favorite TV shows lately which is fine for me. Every once and a while I may watch a movie on demand for free.

13. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have Netflix for a few months to see if it was worth it.
    I honestly can't lie that I loved the service and everything was very high quality however I still can't help but to say that it was a waste of money, I always find the movies and tv shows that I want to watch online so Netflix is just an extra luxury service that I don't need.

14. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    I had it, but canceled it because it just wasn't really working out for me. I prefer cable programming and most of the titles I really wanted either had poor streaming quality or were always unavailable.

15. Katewon1

Katewon1Member

Threads:
    I love Netflix! Although I agree that they don't have the best selection, especially of new movies, it is still definitely worth $8 a month. At times they do surprise me with what they have though. There have been a few times when I'm sure they won't have what I'm looking for and they do. I also love all the TV shows that they have because I have very little time to watch TV when the shows are actually on. I love discovering a show that's actually a few years old so I can always have something I know I want to watch whenever I have a few moments to myself.

16. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    We did for a while but at the moment we do not. I was thinking of getting it back, but it seems redbox is jumping on a similar bandwagon and I'm curious.

17. crazycroc

crazycrocMember

Threads:
    I think a lot of people get it so that they have something to replace cable TV with and then just get an antenna for live broadcasting.

For us, we tried out the Canadian version and were not impressed. Hopefully they will soon offer the selection that they do in America.

18. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    We used to have a Netflix account but didn't find the choice of movies to be great, so we got rid. I think Cable is better in this country, but that's just here in Ireland. I am sure in other countries Netflix is way better.

19. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have Netflix and I love it! I also have hulu and I love that too. I use Netflix to catch up on seasons of shows or for movies and if Netflix doesn't have the newest season of a show i'm looking for than I go to hulu :)

20. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have an Apple TV, and it has Netflix and Hulu and YouTube all come with it, so we use our subscription for Netflix and Hulu and we watch most of the programs that way rathert Han on the comcast cable. I would cancel the cable, but that is where we get our news and weather channels, so we have to keep it.
    If Apple TV offered more individual channels, then we would just drop comcast altogether and watch Netflix.
    We also watch newer movies on Apple, but they cost to watch, so we don't use that as much.