Do you have Netflix?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by crazycroc • May 17, 2013.

1. fishbowl

fishbowlNew Member

Threads:
    Netflix is something I wish I had. In Canada the selection is a lot more limited, but it still beats going to a 7-11 to rent a single movie, or worse yet, renting a movie from Shaw. Netflix would rectify the need for other such services. In fact I'm not sure I can come up with a decent excuse as to why my family doesn't have it yet...

2. klassiter

klassiterActive Member

Threads:
    I use to have Netflix, but I don't any longer. I found that I hardly watched the movies on Netflix because many of them are very old. It just seemed to be a waste of money since it was hardly ever used. Netflix needs to improve by having more current movies. If I had to choose I would prefer Hulu over Netflix. I think they have a better selection.

3. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I think that netflix's streaming service is a good deal. I let my family members use my account. So, for under ten dollars a month, we have four people watching nearly unlimited streaming. You only run into problems with multiple users if more than two try to stream at the same time. I am happy with netflix at the moment.

4. DealHunter1

DealHunter1Member

Threads:
    I don't but I've been thinking about it. I heard Hulu is good too. My friend has Netflix and I go to her house often so we're always watching something on it. It's a really good deal for your money. There's only one thing I don't like about it. After about 3 months you start to run out of things to watch. I mean it's a lot of movies and shows available but I like certain types of movies. It never fails, whenever i'm trying to watch a full season or show, they take it down. I always feel rushed to finish in a few days. It is a great deal though.

LOVE & DEALS
    DH:cool:

5. SierraW23

SierraW23New Member

Threads:
    I totally agree, even though some of the movies are pretty low budget. But I guess that isn't really Netflix's fault. I do notice that I always find something to watch, especially on days when there is 100% of nothing on TV. I get a chance to watch some of the latest and oldest TV series which is always fun. I don't know if you have noticed, but Netflix seems to tailor your taste of movies. For example, I would think of a movie and type it in the search engine, and it will not be there. But then a month later, it will pop up out of the blue. I love that. It definitely makes for repeat customers- especially for 8 bucks a month. Why pay a $200 cable bill, when Netflix will give you what you want to watch for a pretty much unlimited amount of time?

6. Jaxter

JaxterNew Member

Threads:
    I just recently got Netflix a month ago because me and my cousin had nothing else to do and decided to make an account to take advantage of the free one month trial. To be quite honest even though $8 a month is not expensive at all, I mostly watch all my shows on the internet and stream them so I'm not sure if I will be making use of Netflix to its fullest anyways.

I managed to get a trick from a friend though and I was able to get the U.S. Netflix here so I now have a much wider selection compared to everyone else here in Canada. This trick only works on your PS3 though if you have one and it's free. All the other "tricks" and tutorials I've read and watched on YouTube needs another $4 monthly fee in order for it to work.

Having said all that, I've actually cancelled my subscription again since I don't think I will be using it to its fullest. $8 a month adds up so I guess I'll put that in my piggy bank instead for now. :p

7. BradHemphill

BradHemphillNew Member

Threads:
    I have had Netflix almost from the beginning and am a huge fan. I know they took their lumps in the market, but the streaming is great (more titles would be nice, though) and the single best feature is the fact that I can get the DVD of virtually any movie on the planet, foreign, obscure. Movies my old video store would never have dreamed of stocking. Netflix rocks!

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have Netflix too. I only pay for the streaming. I mostly like to watch old TV shows so it really works for me. I have discovered many great British TV shows. The downside is that it takes awhile to add the most recent seasons.

Amazon Prime has some great stuff too and works out cheaper per month than Netflix. It also has more of my favorite sci-fi shows.

#28Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  9. polybus

polybusNew Member

Threads:
    We have Netflix and we love it. We watch Netflix a lot more than cable now. I live in Canada and although it does not have all of the content of the U.S. version, it still has a lot of good shows to watch. And of course there are some "tricks" you can do to access the U.S. version if you have to. It is definitely worth the 8 bucks a month.

10. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I have it, and I'm so glad I do! We have basic cable. And Netflix allows me to watch shows I can't watch on my TV. Also, I an watch movies. Sometimes there are older movies that are fun to re-watch. We only do the TV version, we don't get movies in the mail. I think you can't beat it for the price!

11. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I LOVE Netflix! I had let it go when I was out of work, but I just reinstated my subscription. I'm not getting the DVDs this time because I still don't really have a budget, but one of my favorite things to do when I have a complete day off (even from housework) is to have an all day movie marathon. I really like it when I can watch consecutive episodes of a TV series I like, especially if I wasn't home and missed several episodes of a season.

12. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have Netflix when I started signing up for about 6 months before I decided to cancelled it. Yes, I could watch any movie depending on the number of DVDs that were sent to my house. I would watch one movie every single night because I would just return one DVD and was able to receive another one within 3 days, which I still had my other 2 DVDs left. The reason I decided to cancel my subscription because I didn't have anymore time to watch movies, plus I couldn't afford to pay for the plan anymore.

13. Adam

AdamNew Member

Threads:
    I love Netflix I've been using it for a while now. I just wish they were a little quicker at updating seasons for some of the shows they put on.

14. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    I agree with you. A family can save a lot of money using netflix. Not only do I save money but my youngest loves netflix. When she has nothing to do, she goes on there and finds herself a movie to watch. It keeps her content and she is able to control it herself. Of course with my supervision.

15. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I just use the free monthly subscriptions. I don't watch enough movies or shows for it to be worthwhile for me to pay for it on a monthly basis. I just binge watch shows I want during the free month when I do use netflix.

16. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    If we still lived in the States, we would definitely still have our Netflix account. We used Netflix for about one year, and it was right after they had made the Instant Play feature - which rocked our world! We used Netflix for everything; movies, TV, rentals. We moved to Europe, then found out it doesn't work here - like, at all! It would be amazing if Netflix could come out with a European version of itself, then we could go back to financially supporting the company and having way better entertainment options.

17. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have a Netflix when I was in college, which it was about 7 years ago. I don't use Netflix anymore because I don't have time to watch movies. If I want to watch a movie, I would go to the movie theatre. I have heard people say you can watch movies online for free without having to subscribe to Netflix.

18. chrischu5

chrischu5New Member

Threads:
    i LOVE my Netflix account. I share it with my girlfriend and sister and we all use it like mad. I think it's really affordable, especially for the amount of time I actually have it on and am watching something on it. It's possibly one of my favorite websites in the past 5 years.

19. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I kinda of wish I could have Netflix. I mean, sure, I can download it all anyway, but having it all instantly, and legally would be really nice. Unfortunately, as far as I know, the only non-UK country in Europe that has it is Sweden.. and local alternatives are useless.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We don't have it, since we already have cable and we also have an internet connection, so we haven't thought of trying or subscribing to it.