Do You Have Special Paint Colors For Each Room?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by luckycharm • Jan 28, 2017.

1. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    It is said that the colors that we use to paint our rooms have a psychological impact on us. For example red color in bed rooms can be quite disturbing and it can adversely affect our sleeping habits. It is said that pink color is ideal for a bed room especially for married couples as it ignites romantic mood. Sea blue in living room would be quite comfortable as it instills a peaceful and refreshing atmosphere.

Do you use separate colors for each room? If yes, what are your favorite colors for your rooms?

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I'm planning to change our room colors to different ones as I would like to have different atmospheres in each room. Currently, our room color is red and I find it romantic. The reason why I chose that color (aside from it being romantic) is that it blends beautifully with our warm white dim light and I prefer dim lighted rooms because bright lights hurts my eyes and it triggers my migraine so there.

I'm also thinking of wallpapers but I believe they are quite expensive compared to paints so I guess I'll stick to paints for now :)

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We rent and it's all white. White is not my favorite color at all. I wasn't a careful child, so I stayed away from whites. If I could have any color in all my rooms I'd have greens and blues. I love the coolness of both colors. I like cool weather too. I'd have to research a little for the colors to get good feelings and good luck for the home too. Renting has it's perks, but paint color is just not one of them. :rolleyes:

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Our entire aparment walls are white and they have always been every where we move since we do rent and are not aloud to change the colors. If I had my own home I'd like for our bedroom walls to be a light blue so I could feel more awake when I wake up. For the kichen white is fine as I would go for a black and white theme.

5. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    We just moved into a new home a few months ago and I am going through the process of trying to figure out what color to paint each room now. I am starting in the dining room and working on painting it a marigold color because yellow is good for eating rooms. Our bedroom is going to be a smokey blue color with white furniture and black and white linens. We are going to go for a white kitchen with color accents and a brown rustic living room. That is as far as I have gotten so far and I want to make sure each room looks balanced.