Do You Have Your Own Car?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Shine_Spirit • Jun 3, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Being able to buy one's own car is the dream of millions of people around the world. Many people saving money for years to buy one and other people work a lifetime but can never afford it. :(

I bought mine with the help of my parents.:cool: And you?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bus only or take the taxi if needed. I relinquished my license a few years back, so I completely don't drive. It's only 3 more years till I get my Senior Citizen bus pass, $30 a year. Now I pay $60 a month for an adult bus pass. I always use more than $60 a month, so I feel I get my money's worth getting a bus pass. Do I miss driving and having a car? YES.

3. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I have my own vehicle, though it's a truck, not a car. Anyway, it's used and still runs well. In that case, I save a lot of money per year, assuming I don't make dumb mistakes which increase occasional trips to the shop, say for new brakes, for instance.

4. littlewitch66

littlewitch66Active Member

Threads:
    I passed my test when I was 54 and since then I have had many cars, some of them being bad buys. I always take my partner with me who checks out the important things when buying a car but I've still made some mistakes.

At the moment I have a Hyundai Amica which serves me well. It had a low mileage when I bought it and it runs well. Although I don't do many miles I wouldn't want to be without it.

5. RogMeet

RogMeetNew Member

Threads:
    I passed my driving test last month and I don't have a car for myself yet but I use my father's car whenever there's a need as my father is mostly out of the country. I am planning to buy a car for myself once I am through with my college but until then I'm going to stick with my father's car itself.