Do You Hunt For Special Deals

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Jun 9, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Stores will always have "special offers" from time to time to boost sales, clear old stocks or get new products to sell more. Some frugal shoppers when shopping go from store to store to find if they'll take advantage of such deals.

Have any of you ever gone from store to store hunting for "specials deals?" Is it worth it?

2. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on what I'm looking at. If its quality I'm looking into I read reviews and talk to people, but a good deal is the last thing I'm thinking of. Other times I'm looking for quantity. I just rolls of yarn for really cheap. It's more for learning so quality isn't very important. That's when I google what I need with the word "cheap"

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't go looking for the deals, only when I am in store. Usually I will go online to see if stores have any specials on like Lidl or Aldi and they have limited offers. In the US, Best Buy sometimes do that too, with the deal of the day and I have bought some items.

In general most are special purchases and are worth it, but you have to buy on the spot rather than think about it for too long. I bought a laptop on the spur with a deal and it was fine and a good buy.

4. bodiesstretch

bodiesstretchNew Member

Threads:
    I spend most of my money on groceries. So before I go out to buy my week's worth, I check out some online catalogs. Even if a store with a cheaper product is farther away, I'll choose it anyway. Biking is free after all. Healthy too.
    As to other products, I usually look for something to last, even if it costs more.

#4Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really have the time to go out hunting for special deals. I am opportunist when it comes to shopping. Unless I urgently need something, I won't go out of my way to find any kind of special deals. If they are readily available, such as closing down sales, and I happen to walk past, I will stop and have a look. And if I happen to have enough cash at the time, I will possibly buy something... but only if I need it.

6. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I didnt think about groceries. I have most of my usual grocery prices memorized,so I'll go online and see if there are any good ones I can add to my Kroger card

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Love in-store specials. I go through the isles for especially expensive things like Ocuvite for over 50 people vitamins. Once it was on roll-back at Walmart for $8 something I had a coupon for $3 off! I love in-store specials!:)

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do. I try to plan my shopping trips around store promos, both online and offline. If I know there is going to be a sale in a week or a month then I try and decide on whether or not I can wait and more often than not, I can, so I do wait and I end up saving a few dollars here and there. Granted, I don't really get to save much since I still end up spending the savings on other items, but at least this way I know I got more for my money than I originally would have just a week or month earlier.

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never have done that physical hunt for discounts and other deals. What's good in our office are some of my colleagues who never fail to inform me of bargains and such. One time there was this buy-one-take-one promo that was held for just one day. The items are mostly household. I was able to buy new plates that were made in Japan. So for hunting promos, I just rely from my colleagues who seem to have radars for sales.

10. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I have my favorite stores for doing this. Target's clearance rack is the first place I go when I'm there. I tend to do this predominantly RIGHT AFTER a holiday. And, if you give it about 10 days, you can find all the holiday clearance marked to 90% off. I've bought all my kids' valentines this way, most of our Halloween treats (non-edible), Easter stuff, and Christmas decor. I also do it with "back to school" stuff - and stock up for future years. Honestly, if you can be diligent to store it and remember you have it, it is a great way to save money.

Walgreens (and other drug stores, really) is the same way. I've learned which stores in my town get the least traffic in the holiday aisles, and these tend to have the best stuff on clearance for cheap.

It is all about timing though. I don't tend to "seek" these sales, but I know to hit them when I"m in the area.

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I am out I will go to the clearance rack to see if there is anything I can use but I don't take the time to look for a bargain just to be looking.

12. paultrump1

paultrump1Member

Threads:
    Someone may say yes. If you're a shopping lover,you must be enjoying finding bargains