Do you import games?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Ronald Ramos • Apr 27, 2012.

1. Ronald Ramos

Ronald RamosNew Member

Threads:
    I like importing games. I like importing them because I cannot in any way find them where I live. Though I love importing games, I hate how not every game is localized! You have games like the Tales series that lots of English speaking players are failing to experience because of the developers failing to localize these products that could have had a chance at the international market. Thankfully, there are sites like Play-Asia that support my importing fixes and I have been pretty satisfied by it.

Are you a supporter of importing when it comes to games?

2. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    Not really.

I just purchase my games from the local stores. Never have had the need to purchase an international game.

I can obviously understand the need for importing games when there is no other option. It's probably the only possible thing you can do. Most of the good games come from North American producers, anyway. The games that aren't from North American producers are usually shipped to North America. I have rarely seen games that aren't sold here that need to be imported.

3. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    If you are a fan of RPG games then you definitely would want to import them from Japan. The only reason why I don't do this is because I would need a separate Xbox to run the Japanese branded games and I really don't want to pay that kind of money for the few Japanese games that I would get.

4. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    Can't say I do... for one there are already soooooo many games that I do not need to import and have yet to get around to playing. Plus I just don't really like the Japanese-style RPG that much....

5. MEGATRUCK

MEGATRUCKMember

Threads:
    Most of the Japanese games seem too obscure to me, so I pass. Whatever makes it into the States isn't too obscure, as far as I'm concerned.

6. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I'm actually one of the people who import Japanese games. And you're right OP, Play-Asia is one of the best when it comes to importing games. Another site I would suggest is CDJapan. Its prices are cheaper than PA's, but its shipping cost is a bit higher (but they do offer some premium packages/boxes of games that PA may not offer).

I'm an avid fan of some JRPGs - hence I usually have both versions of a video game - US and JP. Heck, if the EU version ever offered something unique, I buy it. It's also the main reason I learned Japanese - so that I could play Japanese video games.