Do You Keep Envelops Handy?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by MrsJones • Jan 21, 2015.

1. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    There are methods to send correspondence that don't require an envelop but I keep some Handy just the same. I have kept them so long that they glued themselves together. So now I spend a little bit more and buy the type that has the strip that covers the glue. Since I don't use them that often they last for a very long time and I have been asked if I by 'chance' happen to have an envelop. Would you happen to keep envelops handy?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have any set of envelopes here apart from the ones included in the stationery that I used to have and collect when I was still a kid. I think at this point having them isn't necessary, unless you are giving money to someone in a wake or you're actually planning to write a snail mail to someone.

3. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I'm still old school in a lot of ways. I personally don't want to become too dependent on the use of technology's capabilities.

4. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I guess today with technology taking over correspondence the way it has I don't necessarily think about keeping envelopes handy. But there are those times when I have needed one here and there. Fortunately, I do have a sister whom I live with who does think to keep them handy just in case they are needed for something. I realize that envelopes are neededs as much as before but they do still have a purpose here and there.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, we keep envelopes handy at home. An envelope has so many uses and it's not just for correspondence. When there's a need to give something personal to people (especially money), putting the item in an envelope keeps the act of giving more formal.

6. vivivivicky

vivivivickyNew Member

Threads:
    I suppose I hoard office supplies because YES, I have a TON of envelopes. Of course I have the corresponding ones to notecards, but also some large manilla ones, smaller sizes, and then just regular legal envelopes. I find them to be handy for a lot of uses beyond just simply mailing a letter or bill and will use them to keep together small parts of kids' games, storing coupons, etc. For just a few bucks, a box will last a long while and I won't have to be inconvenienced by running out to the store when I do in fact need one.

7. juancarlos

juancarlosMember

Threads:
    I do not use the envelop system. The better way to save money is to actually take a a certain percentage of your income per month, and stash it away

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't personally keep any envelopes myself, since I am not big on sending letters or anything like that. When I receive a letter that needs to be responded to with a letter from myself, they always include an envelope for me. But when I do need to send a letter, my mother always has envelopes in her stationary stash that are spare.

9. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You always need an envelope for something. I never bother buying any though. Instead, I save the pre-printed ones which often accompany junk mail. I'll stick blank paper over them (usually from the back of the original junk mail) and put them aside until needed. I know that sounds really cheap but I resent paying for things like this when an acceptable substitute can be found from stuff lying around the house.

10. dandeliion

dandeliionMember

Threads:
    I used to have quite a few that didn't have specific cards to go wth them just lying around but now I'm down to envelopes that actually have cards that go with them so I try not to use then and instead make them myself. Envelopes are actually really easy to make and if you have washi tape they can come out really cute! I don't bother buying them anymore!

11. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrieMember

Threads:
    I have a box of envelopes from when I used to own my own bookkeeping business (6 years ago) and I will never run out of envelopes. If they get stuck together from humidly I will just slot them open and tape them up. I do use them sometimes but obviously not 500 in 6 or even 10 years. :) We use the peel, press and stick ones at work and I always think they has to be a better way. The tear of tabs are a bit of a bother. I end up with 250 of them in my garbage after a customer mailing.

12. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    I just bought a box of the medium sized envelopes so I could send pictures to my mom of my kids. Now I have a ton for future use. And they're handy for folding up letters as well. And they're the kind that has the strip on the back so you can stick it without licking it. I like them a lot. I also have box of the regular letter size as well. But before that, I never bought envelopes. I'm glad I have a lot on hand now!

13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I keep envelopes handy like some do and cards for occasions too. I have a special wooden box for them and my Mom and I keep both long business envelopes and personal size handy at all times. I get them on sale whenever I can. My Mom likes the blue coated on the inside for she still sends payments through the mail. I like to have envelopes and cards handy for the just in case times when you need them. I go to a shop called Marukai where cards are just 2/.99 so this is so convenient to have around the neighborhood. I was carrying some envelopes with me, but like most of you have found they stick within time or weather gets to them and when you ride the bus it's double jeopardy with the weather, so I stopped carrying envelopes with me.

14. Pabmart

PabmartMember

Threads:
    I write a lot of stuff down (I'm quite old-school for that) but envelopes seem a little bit out of date in my opinion. The only real use I give them is when I want to give some money to someone. Nowadays I only get post from deliveries and bills.