Do you like black coffee?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Ich bin Gia • Aug 28, 2012.

1. Ich bin Gia

Ich bin GiaMember

Threads:
    For the last year I have been on a total health kick. I have eliminated all sugars and white flour from my diet. Anyway for the last year, I have been drinking my coffee black and I used to drink it with sugar and cream. I actually prefer the black coffee now and do not miss the sugar or the cream.

How do you all drink your coffee?

2. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    From my research, it is actually quite healthy to drink a few cups of coffee during the week because it lowers your risk of Alzheimer's, liver disease and many other cancers and diseases.

I personally don't mind the taste of black coffee, but it does taste better if it's with milk and a couple of sugars. Ohhhh yeahhh!

3. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I've only had coffee once in my life, and I'll never drink it again. I had mine black and it tasted horrible to me. I don't know if it was because of bad coffee brand, but I could barely keep it down. It amazes me that people can drink that stuff daily, and not to mention it's not so good for your teeth.

4. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, you probably had a bad brand. Bad coffee is the worst.

I usually prefer my coffee black with maybe a little sugar.

5. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    No way, and I always ask myself if I had to drink black coffee, would I be interested in drinking it at all? I do believe the answer would be no, I do not want it without the cream and honey. Without those two things it would not be as delicious to the taste. I do see that a lot of people drink it that way though, but I can't aquire a taste for it. The same thing goes for tea, a must have in order to drink it.

6. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I really feel like there's something missing when drinking a coffee without sugar. but how did it helped your health as you keep drinking the black coffee without the sugar? Did you lose weight or make your diet better or what?

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer my coffee to have milk and sugar, but I'm a caffeine addict, so if I have to drink it black because I ran out of milk, then I do. Coffee wakes me up and helps me get motivated to get stuff done. When I have coffee with milk and sugar, it's a delicious beverage. When I drink it black, it's just a drug and I don't really enjoy it, but I drink it to wake up.

8. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I love black coffee. The more intense the flavor, the better. I had denied myself black coffee for the longest time, thinking that it was too decadent. I already take drugs daily (prescribed of course). However, I really think that I should go and buy some Starbucks coffee when we go the store....so that I can experience it dark.

9. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I tried coffee when I was young, I did not like it. I added sugar and cream, which made it taste much better. I have heard that coffee is somehow good for you. I like tea.

10. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Same here, that's the only way I will drink it any more. I'm also the same way with iced tea, I don't even want any lemon in it. Even the smallest amount of cream or sugar tastes like too much to me.

I got into a coffee kick a few years ago, and went out and bought a cuisinart coffee maker as well as a cuisinart burr mill grinder, and was buying beans from Caribou Coffee and Seattle's Best. It just got to be too expensive, that stuff is like $8-$10 a bag sometimes, and I was spending over a hundred bucks a month on coffee and water filters.

We had a Keurig at work for a while, and I was really impressed how good the coffee was from those pods too.

11. guidedessensations

guidedessensationsNew Member

Threads:
    I liked coffee bt not black coffee...

12. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I never used to drink black coffee. Always had to have creamer and sugar in order to drink it. Then for several years, I just had cream in it. Now I am drinking it just black. You do get so used to drinking it black that if you do have a cup with cream and sugar, it tastes weird!

13. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    My husband hates coffee black. He'll literally fill half the mug with either milk or half-and-half, and then he'll load it down with sugar. You'd think that if you have to do all that just to stand it, then you're not really a coffee drinker, but he will easily have three cups in a row. We spend an unfortunate amount of money on half-and-half in my family, haha!

14. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    Nope that's not me. I can't stand black coffee. It's way too strong and bitter for my taste. I like my coffee "light and sweet" or in other words cream and sugar or Equal. I also like frozen or blended coffee drinks and have them made the same way.

15. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like black coffee. I wish that I could enjoy it, though. I know that it save a ton of calories and fat. However, it is such an acquired taste. I've only tried it once. There was a bit of dark chocolate in the brew and even that didn't help me get it down.

16. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. I hate the taste of coffee. I hate the smell of coffee. I don't understand how people can drink it. It's ironic that one of my favorite hangouts is Starbucks. I don't drink their coffee though. I love the tea and Starbucks doesn't really have a coffee smell.

17. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I still prefer mine with cream. I just like the taste better.

18. hsandez

hsandezNew Member

Threads:
    I know that if you're going to drink coffee the best thing you can do is drink it black since we as North Americans over consume sugar like nobody's business. I heard a report on the news that the avg. North American consumes something like 25 spoonful’s of sugar when we should be consuming like 9. It seems everything has sugar these days. From the soda's we drink to the pastry we eat with our coffee. Considering that fruits have natural sugar we should be getting our sugar intake from there. But of course this is in a perfect world and while I used to love drinking my coffee with sugar and cream as well due to monetary setbacks I have had to do away with the cream and now only use sugar. You're right you do get used to not missing what you used to use and maybe it's time for me to cut out the sugar as well.

19. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:

Totally agree. Won't mind it black, but if there's a choice, I'd prefer mine with milk and sweetener/sugar too. I suppose it is about cultivating a taste for black coffee. I haven't yet gone there.

20. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Dark chocolate? That sounds divine to me, haha! I'm going to try that sometime soon.

Coffee is an acquired taste, though. I used to hate it when I was younger. Then, for a while, I could only have it loaded down with sugar. If you drink it black for long enough, you'll probably get used to the taste and then eventually prefer it over light coffee. At least, that's how it happened with me.