Do you like Christmas shopping?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by rossonomous • Dec 9, 2013.

1. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    My Mum told me that she actually enjoys Christmas shopping on the weekends leading up to Christmas when it is all mad, busy and utter chaos. I personally cannot think of much worse to do with my weekends, what about you guys?

Do you actually enjoy going out doing shopping while the high streets and shopping centers are packed with people?

2. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    When I was younger I used to love shopping during the Holidays. That was and still is part of the Christmas experience. I mean the Christmas music, the bright red colors, the holiday decorations... it's all there in the stores, getting you into the Holiday spirit.

But now that I'm older, I am much more impatient. I can't stand waiting in long lines and pushing my way through overcrowded aisles. So, now I get my kicks by watching Christmas movies on my couch. :D

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I adore it! I don't, however, adore the rude people that are just trying to get through it and will knock you over trying to get through the crowds lol. I'm still not used to the number of people out there in this new city of mine, so it's worse than ever, but I love love love the decorations and music out there. It's just a part of the whoel tradition for me. I don't like where my money ends up, but I do love spoiling the people I love and strangers that need some spoiling as well. the giving part is the best part.

4. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    I love to Christmas shop. I am known for finding the best deals, and spreading the news. Of course, I get mine first, and then I spread the news! I don't mind shopping around and I don't mind the crowds. People can be a lot of fun to watch. I love giving, and when you scour for discounts, you don't have to suffer from wallet shock, or shock at its emptiness. I am that crazy woman who starts Christmas shopping sometime in March or April, with the exception of this year.

5. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really dislike Christmas shopping any day lol. I just hate the whole trying to find the perfect gift for someone making sure it's something they will like but at the same time trying not to break the bank. Plus all the time spent in stores waiting in line it's just a headache for me I do not enjoy Christmas shopping at all!

6. dieselfit

dieselfitActive Member

Threads:
    If I know what I'm going to buy or some idea of it, then fine I enjoy it lol. But if I go in with absolutely no idea of what the person would like or even would hate because I don't want to get the wrong thing, I begin to stress and even sweat, lol. It's fine if I really know the person but I usually only go Christmas shopping for co workers who do secret Santa because I don't celebrate Christmas.

7. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I do like Christmas shopping, and I think I am one of the few people who like to go shopping on holidays, if not after. I would love to go shopping on Christmas Day, but most stores close on that day. I wish at least some stores remain open on Christmas Day.

8. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    Yes. i really like to do Christmas shopping in the big mall and small shops. Shopping is my hobby so i am not going for the christmas only i also doing shopping for all other holidays and occasions.

9. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    That's what my dad is like. He is older and much more grumpy so he can't stand it haha.

Some of the people are crazy, Did you see the article about the fights that were happening on Black Friday? Crazy shoppers fighting each other because they were trying to get the last product on a really good deal.. mental

Going shopping with no idea is one of the worst things. If I ever leave the house to go shopping I will know roughly what I want to get or I won't bother at all.

10. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I enjoy it and hate it at the same time. There are times where it can bring out the best and worst in people. I remember that one time a few people actually gave up their item to another person. Then you have the other people that literally beat up people to get the item they wanted.

11. dickybird

dickybirdNew Member

Threads:
    I love Christmas shopping, but I live abroad and they don't celebrate Christmas where I live. So I have to do all my Christmas shopping online, which means I don't get to enjoy the madness and chaos. I generally travel to England a couple of days because Christmas, so I have a little time to get into the festive spirit and do all my wrapping. I really do miss the build up to Christmas but I am glad we are able to do everything online, otherwise I would be very stressed!!!!

12. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I don't enjoy Christmas shopping. Too much pressure, whenever I pick a gift I get this feeling that people are staring down at me for considering something cheap. Also, all the Christmas carols is like a rhythm constantly reminding me to get gifts for Christmas.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also don't enjoy Christmas shopping, it gets on my nerves because you can't freely move around to look at things because there are just so many people. Plus you still have to wait for your turn a lot longer on the check out area. No thanks, I don't want to be bothered by all of that. What a hassle.

14. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like crowds unless I'm at a sporting event or somewhere like the fair -- so during Christmas, I tend to stay away from the shopping scene. I prefer doing my Christmas shopping online for two reasons: easy and convenient & since I live so far away from family, all I have to do is ship to address opposed to dragging the gifts on my flight.

15. dreambigg

dreambiggNew Member

Threads:
    I agree pay somebody to do mine!!!

16. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I do and I don't. It is both stressful and fun at the same time. I enjoy shopping for people and think the fun is picking out Christmas gifts for people, but I often feel relaxed when the Christmas shopping is done and over with. I do about 95% of my Christmas shopping online, so at least it is not as stressful as going out into the crowds of people and doing my Christmas shopping.

17. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I like going out to shop amidst all the hustle and bustle of the shopping that people are out doing when it is close to Christmas. Going shopping during that time makes me feel like I'm part of society at large instead of just in my own little bubble of family and friends. I especially like going to places that have elaborate Christmas displays, places like Macy's. I love the festive window displays as well.

18. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To tell you the truth, I can't stand Christmas, and everything that surrounds it. I usually disappear to a quiet place until it's all over and done with. I don't buy presents, and neither do I like to receive any. Going shopping around Christmas time is a nightmare for me. All that shoving and pushing, and the overall feeling of people trying to get material things trying to please each other, makes me feel quite sick.

19. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Christmas shopping has gotten a lot more fun as I've gotten older and shopping for friends. What's great is it's not a big strain on my budget as I just look for little things that is more personal between me and my friends. It doesn't have to be really expensive if it has some meaning.

Other than that though, I try and avoid the big rush as it gets closer to Christmas as much as possible. THAT part of shopping is 0 fun for me.

20. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    My mom loved Christmas shopping like that, too. From Black Friday onward she was an unflagging shopper and enjoyed every minute of it. It pleased her no end to find something that seemed just right for someone on her list. She put a great deal of thought into it, but was always looking for the odd thing that jumped out at her as well. Shopping with her was a blast, but now that she's gone I don't so much enjoy it.
    I would though, I think, if I had someone to shop with who loved it the way that she used to. My husband despises the shopping and really doesn't like Christmas much, either. That coupled with the facts that I have no family of my own left to shop for and I'm not very close to much of his makes it rather hard to enjoy.
    I still like choosing out things for my husband, however. Even so, I now do most of it online.