Do you like Christmas shopping?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by rossonomous • Dec 9, 2013.

1. selina

selinaMember

Threads:
    Sometimes I get tired by shopping for perfect Christmas gifts for my relatives and friends. So I found two solutions for that, 1st you can give Christmas gift to your love ones by online shopping and another solution is, you can give hand made gift. But I choose online shopping most on special discount sites like http://www.dontpayfull.com/

2. alfredsettle

alfredsettleBanned

Threads:
    Yes i really like to go shopping on Christmas in shops and malls.And not only Christmas i will go for shopping because Shopping is my passion so anytime i will go for shopping.

3. Cassie Lyons

Cassie LyonsMember

Threads:
    I prefer to shop online and on QVC for Christmas gifts whenever possible. I don't like the crowds and chaos around the holiday season in stores at all.

4. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I really do enjoy Christmas shopping because it is a festive time of year and I like to give to others. It feels nice to purchase something that someone really wants and surprise them with it. I also love to wrap gifts and hand them out, so it is a good feeling all around. It is a time of year where you can be selfless and help others out with what they want and need.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do enjoy buying presents for my family, because they deserve the world and it makes me feel good to buy them the things they want and need. Their wants are few, so it gets me all excited actually.. they're so low maintenance lol, so it's fun when I finally get to spoil them a bit. What I don't enjoy is the crowds. Not for the same reason everyone else hates them; I could handle a crowd like nobody's business lol.. but everyone is so grumpy and pushy and rude. They just want to go from point a to point b and do it as quickly as possible. Nobody is in the spirit, they just want to get it over with. That makes me sad for them. And it's such a waste of life. BUT, I don't let it get to me. If I absolutely have to go to the stores (because I do whatever I can online to avoid the grumps), then I block everyone out and enjoy the music and decorations while I look for treasures for my loves :) Any moment wasted on grump is a moment forever gone. I'd rather do whatever I can to fill each moment with positivity.. it feels better ;)

6. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really like the shopping itself, but I do like giving people things that I know they are going to enjoy, so yes, that is something that I do like. I always try to draw out the shopping over as long as I possibly can, as this means that it doesn't take up too much out of one month's wages, so I am very glad indeed that I do that. I don't have to buy very much more this year, and I have almost finished, so I will be able to sit down and wrap everything once I am done!

7. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm really not a fan of Christmas shopping at all. I used to quite enjoy it but after my dad died over the festive period, I always get sad. It's daft, I know and he certainly wouldn't want me feeling like this but nevertheless, it always happens. I have a nice story though - two years ago, I'd stopped to watch the carol singers and I got a bit teary-eyed when they sang Dad's favorite carol. Anyway, I noticed that the woman stood next to me was visibly upset too so I offered her some tissues. It turned out that the same thing had happened to her too and we ended up going for coffee and a natter. We've been good friends since then and we keep an eye on each other over Christmas.

8. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    My dad and I used to Christmas shop for my mom together when I was little. It was our tradition. He would take me to the nicest department store downtown, and we would pick out gifts together for my mom. We would always go in the evening when all of the Christmas lights were lit up. Perhaps it is these memories that cause my love for Christmas shopping. I love buying gifts for others. I focus on the gift giving, and try not to let the hustle and bustle get me down.

9. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I love Christmas shopping. I usually start mid November. I start to look in stores, flyers and catalogues. I like to get family and friends thoughtful and creative gifts. It's starting to get harder to buy for some of my friends as it seems they already have everything. I usually stick to a budget of no more than $50 per person but it's getting hard now. I love going to the mall and seeing all the Christmas decorations, it really puts you in the Christmas spirit. I do a combination of online shopping and going to the mall.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I love it and hate it at the same time. I like shopping in general and I like finding new items that I otherwise would have never discovered, and I like making my friends and family happy but at the same time I also dislike having to spend a lot. Also, the fact that it's pretty much a requirement makes me sort of hate it since I hate being forced into a good gesture. It's still fun though and I also like being in the middle of a crowded mall, but if I'm not in the mood it can get very frustrating.

11. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Christmas is the grandest affair in our home. If only you can see our preparation, from the house and garden decorations to the giveaways for the carolers. And for me, yes, Christmas shopping is the greatest during that season. I am always overwhelmed with the countless of bargains, promos and discounts that I find in the mall and trade fair not to mention the makeshift markets for that purpose.

12. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    That is a great story and I am happy that you and a complete stranger were able to find comfort with each other through a shared experience. I always say that some people enter our lives at the exact moment we need them the most.

13. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a big shopper and some times I really do not like to shop for Christmas gifts. This year I am looking forward to shopping for the family, I will also get some gifts for a women's shelter that has small kids staying there with their moms.

14. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I like shopping for whatever the reason is. I like shopping so much that I even window-shop too and check prices all year long. I like to get things on sale or at a discount and love Ross Dept. store's Senior Citizen discount Tuesday's too! I do my shopping early and not right before Christmas. I love to see all the Christmas trimmings the City & State puts out and other businesses at the seasonal time. All the lights are blinking and twinkling too and I just drink it all up! Love to shop anytime!!!

15. SLTE

SLTEActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like Christmas shopping when the stores are crammed full of people. Trying to buy something in the last ten or fifteen days before Christmas is ridiculous. I'll be getting all of my shopping done this month, thanks. That said, a small, sadistic part of me does enjoy wandering through packed malls at Christmas time when I'm not buying anything. I think it's a reward to myself for having not lollygagged on my purchases.

16. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I hate shopping around Christmas time when the malls are so busy with people getting last minute gifts. Usually I enjoy spending a day shopping especially on a rainy day, but it is something about the crowds around the holidays which makes me either do my holiday shopping early or shop online.

17. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I am going to make it a point to start doing my Christmas shopping for next year as soon as I get my income tax return this year. There are some gifts I will have to wait to get, but there are some things I can start to buy now and not have to worry about it throughout the year. I am also going to start buying my gift wrap and accessories online so that I can stock up throughout the year. it is way to stressful to buy all of this stuff at Christmas time when the stores are packed and the selection is not all that great.