Do You Like Doritos?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Shine_Spirit • Jun 3, 2017.

1. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Doritos is a kind of salty snack nacho with a very striking taste! I'm totally addicted to it. Without thinking twice... I can say that it's my favorite kind of salty snacks in the whole world.

I usually like to eat it with juice or sprite. :cool:

2. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    I like snack food of that nature but it's often too expensive. However, though, if you really enjoy something then I feel you should buy it - maybe even all the time. :) Anyway, I'm sure health fanatics don't like it - as they hate any so-called junk food. However, I think their opinions are a bit exaggerated, at the least.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Wait till you try Poppables! I've watched so many commercials and been searching for it and found it at Walmart. I like Doritos too. The original Doritos is what we like best at our home. Walmart has a little in store bungalow that sells them for 3/1.98 or .69 each. It's just right size for us to enjoy, 1-3/4 oz or 49.6 g, so I usually buy them from Walmart. Walmart has good prices for chips always, or we get them on sale to save money.

4. Shine_Spirit

Threads:
    @Krissttina Isobe@Krissttina Isobe My god, buying Doritos for this price would be a dream for me! But are these fixed values or promotional values? I love Doritos and always like to buy - when it's possible - in quantities, not just one or two.

P.S: Walmart is awesome! :cool:

#4Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017
  5. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Doritos is imported over here, so you can be sure that the prices are definitely expensive! The last time I ate one was last Jan. when my relatives visited us from the US and they bought a large bag of Doritos. I also like Lay's too, bit the price of the largest bag is just expensive in my opinon at $3, so I woul end up buying Pringles instead, which is cheaper at only $2.

6. Shine_Spirit

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Yeah... Unfortunately, in some places the Doritos may actually be a bit more expensive, but I think it's worth every penny. I also like Lay's and Pringles (and they usually are cheaper), but Doritos is unbeatable.

#6Jun 11, 2017
  7. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit, I think the reason why Doritos is more expensive is because it has a thicker chip than compared to Lay's and Pringles. When I eat Dorito's the large bag I feel "satiated" after a while and I put away the bag, but with Pringles and Doritos, once I open them, I can't seem to stop.

8. Shine_Spirit

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania I don't know if it's true, but what you said about thickness makes perfect sense and I confess I never thought about it that way before. I like to eat Lay's and Pringles too, but the addictive one for me is Doritos. :D

#8Jun 12, 2017
  9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit :)At the Ft. St. Mall Walmart there is a Frito Lay's little bungalow display 3/1.98 for small packages. Usually everywhere has the big family size pkg. for 2/$6. for I think it's 9oz. pkg. I like Doritos too! We're small eaters now because of our age, but we still like Doritos, lol! It's a wonderful price at Walmart. Thing is though I only see it at one Walmart on the island of Oahu out of 3 I know of. I hope you find Doritos on sale!

#9Jun 12, 2017
  10. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    @Shine_Spirit@Shine_Spirit, Also, Doritos uses whole corn, and being the first ingredient on the list, then that is the majority of it's concoction. Lay's and Pringles don't have whole corn, only potatoes, so I guess the ingredients dictate the price of the item.

11. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I sure love Doritos but my preference will always be Hot Cheetos unless some other chip tops it, I think the fact that it's spicey it's what grabs me. I can eat those all day everyday if I could unfortunately I would get very sick. When I was a little girl my dad used to give me 25 cents every day so I always but myself a small bag of those, I just couldn't stay away. One day my stomach had enough and I got so sick.

12. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like tortilla chips with lime. They are a delicious taste treat. The combo of the salt and the lime is really good together. It is one of the best snacks that I have the options that I need. These are delicious chips in my opinion.