Do you like leggings?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by chiofthenorns • Oct 4, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I love leggings. I can partner them with different kinds of long blouses or short dresses without risking my comfort. I think I own more than ten of them already most of which are black leggings. Do you like leggings, too?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to wear them when they first came out and I still where them, though I prefer to wear fitted yoga pants as it allows me to wear boots and socks. As long as you are careful about the VPL, they are comfortable to wear, though nowadays it's important to check the seams so they don't split and make sure there is plenty of stretch in them.

I usually wear them with sweaters or a cardigans that covers my bum!

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I only wear leggings in place of tights for extra warmth. I don't care for them as a fashion item personally because I don't like to show off the shape of my legs that much. They make me feel fat. I usually only wear legging in the winter when it is very cold under a mid-calf length skirt, as it they were a pair of tights. I think they are very comfortable, as comfortable as tights and the good ones are made of super stretchy knits so I have full freedom in my hips which is nice.

4. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    I love leggings, but I prefer yoga pants over them, but anytime I see leggings, I still have to get them. They're really comfortable to wear, especially in the winter when you can layer them up.

5. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I like leggings because I think they are pretty versatile. I can wear them running errands or dress them up a bit when I go out. One thing I have learned is that it is better to buy higher quality leggings because they tend to have better structure and weight to them. The only requirement I have for when I wear leggings is that my top covers my butt. I do not like when people wear leggings and don't have their butts covered.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I love leggings as well, and my collection is predominantly comfy black ones, lol. I love wearing them with tunics or dresses, and between that and yoga pants you have a nice basis for some really comfy fall and winter outfits. I don't like how sheer some of them are, though, I prefer for them to be more solid and substantial.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in a tropical country, so I don't really like it when the clothes cling to my body. So I don't wear leggings and I opt for the more loose type of jeans like capri's or regular pants.

8. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried wearing yoga pants before. Are they thicker than leggings? For some strange reason I haven't seen one sold at the stores near my home.

9. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    I love leggings. I have a couple of black ones in different materials and a pair in purple, navy and charcoal. I got some of my short dresses hemmed just so they look good with leggings and I also have some long tops. My tights are fat and they chafe if I wear skirts. Leggings are a great way to prevent that and look good at the same time. Sometimes I prefer leggings to shorts under my dresses and skirts so that I don't have to shave my legs or worry about my shorts peeking out of the skirt.

10. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I really love leggings too. I am always so comfortable in them and I think their slimming on me. They can be worn with just about anything. Sweatshirts, a dressy blouse... you name it really. You can dress them up or down. :) I love that about certain articles of clothing. If you just add a cute pair of shoes or sneakers it can totally change your look !!

Hope this helps!!

Danyel :)

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do like leggings. However, I think sometimes people use them inappropriately. Leggings are not to be worn like they were pants. They are actually meant more like tights than pants. However, some people just wear leggings with a regular shirt, and that does not look very flattering. Also, one of my pet peeves is when people put on leggings with a shirt to go to work. I don't think that looks good.

12. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think leggings look really great on certain people, but I don't happen to be one of them. My legs aren't exactly short, but they aren't the longest either. So every time I wear leggings, even around the house, I feel constantly aware of my legs, and I don't like that feeling. Neither do I enjoy the material tightly clinging to my legs. I prefer airy, breezy type of pants made of linen or cotton, that let my legs "breathe".

13. MrsWilson2012

MrsWilson2012Member

Threads:
    I love leggings, for their style and comfort. I love pairing them with tunics, long shirts, dresses, even jumpers. That having been said, I think it depends on how you wear them. People who wear them as pants, without covering their rear-ends with additional clothing, give them a bad name. Leggings are not pants in my book.

Even in the gym, I wear shorts over them.

14. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Leggings seem something extremely comfortable and cheap for women, not for men of course. I do think that some women wear them as if they were trousers and they are not, so they get too exposed in my opinion. I think they are great with a sweater on top.

15. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I wear leggings for the same purpose. I'm too self conscious to wear a dress or skirt without something underneath, such as leggings or stockings. Like you, most of my leggings are black. It goes with almost everything I own so they're easy to match with and very practical.

16. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    I just recently started wearing leggings and I love them. I find I'm so uncomfortable in anything else now since wearing leggings and they look great with almost everything!

17. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I tried them but they weren’t really my thing. They’re comfy to wear around the house, but that’s bout it for me. I like a little more structure, so heavier-duty jeggings work better - the type that aren’t quite jeans, but are more substantial than leggings, so they can be worn as pants.

18. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    It's not a staple fashion item for me, really. It's comfy and easy to pair up with a lot of tops if you own a black pair but it's not something I'd always wear outside. I'm more of a ripped jeans, shorts or skirts kind of gal so leggings and sweats are more of a pajama or house thing for me. But when I don't have anything to wear and I'm feeling kind of lazy to really dress up, I'd put on my black leggings and partner it with some boots and a white shirt and I'm good to go.

19. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I love leggings (I have yet to try the tight yoga pants though) and I was so sad when my last pair of leggings tore and broke :( I have yet to find good leggings at a decent price that isn't too sheer (I'd like to not have my butt show through please!), so I'm continuously on the hunt until I find the perfect one.

Any suggestions ladies?

20. yvannahgeorgianne

yvannahgeorgianneNew Member

Threads:
    I love leggings and prefer them over skinny jeans. They kind of have the same style anyway, so I'd definitely go for comfort. I love the black ones since it could go with a lot of things. I also own other colors such as brown, gray or even purple. What I don't like though, is that it doesn't have pockets unlike jeans. There are these jeggings, jeans and leggings, that is the best of both worlds.