Do you like movies that are out nowadays?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Mayvin • Oct 5, 2014.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree. For me, the rom-coms are the absolute worst ones. I was on Tumblr today and someone made a post that showed some movie DVD cover arts for rom-coms, and they literally all consisted of a man and a woman on the cover art, both leaning into one another - usually with the man cupping the woman's cheek as she gazed into his eyes. I couldn't not tell most of them apart. Nothing ever stands out anymore, which I think is why I veer off more towards horror. it is the genre with the most chance of getting to me emotionally and psychologically. Everything else just fades into the background.

2. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I'm tired of all the super hero movies. Lol! How I wish producers create movies along the lines of Schindler's List, The Godfather and The Shawshank Redemption. It seems all I see nowadays are romcoms, super hero flicks and action movies with "cool" scenes with no real story. Or perhaps I'm not just watching enough. :p

3. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    Most of the movie that are out these days are not liked by a lot of people as they do not have any meanings to them. In the earlier days movies tried really hard to convey a message to the public. But that trend is not seen these days. As long as movies run for a few days nobody cares about anything else.

4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I have to agree that most movies nowadays are a bit crappy and are just too mainstream for my taste. I actually very much interested in films that are really deep and meaningful, not shallow storylines like Fifty Shades of Grey and those vampire movies. The best films I have seen nowadays are Gravity, Interstellar, The Fault In Our Stars, and Unbroken. Some of them still have substance and utterly stunning.

5. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Most movies are based on famous franchises like comic book superheroes, fantasy novels like Lord of the Rings, sequels like Jurassic World. There's hardly any new, original concepts coming out hence movies are feeling pretty similar. I only watch movies in cinemas more as a social experience with friends nowadays.

6. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I do believe that some movies shown nowadays are still good. I have watch Seventh Son, Jupiter Ascending, Cinderella, Unfinished Business and Fifty Shades of Grey in theaters this 2015 and I must say that these movies are good and worth my money even though some of them got poor ratings. I think it depends on once perception and taste on how we judge a movie whether it is good or not.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes they make for decent entertainment, but I stay away from cheaply made movies because the story will be expected to suck too. Surprisingly though, I found The Employer entertaining despite the lack of detail regarding what the company in the movie actually does.

8. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't go to the movies anymore, but that's more to do with the fact that it's too expensive, especially if all your family is going. By the time you've bought the drinks and food, on top of the ticket, the price can get ridiculous.

As for the actual movies themselves, I think thats just all about people's tastes. While it's true there's a lot of rubbish coming out at the moment, there's a few decent ones as well.

9. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I only go to the movies when it is really very interesting. I am really looking forward to watching the movie Fast and Furious 7 this weekend. I have seen the previous sequels of it and I am very excited to see what they got this time, aside from the fact that this is the last movie of Paul Walker before his tragic death.

It depends on the kind of movies really. Last night, I watched a movie in TV entitled King Arthur. I like this kind of movie, it is quite historical. I also find Lord of the Rings trilogy very interesting. Although it is a fantasy movie, but the story is great.